TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2,472 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Have new plug and a new ICM on my SC (after old one fail to fire coil 3) well anyway after install the new ICM still running bad. I pull all the plugs and Passenger side is fine but driver side is covered in soot. The only thing that I can come up with that would cause one bank to that is the O2 right?

·
Registered
232 Posts
thats one possible cause. Unplug the o2 sensor and create a lean and then a rich condition. Use a digital voltmeter on 2 of the connectionson the plug connector. The voltage should change every 3 seconds and drop or rise .3-.5 volts either way of the original normal reading. If its over 1.1 volts its running rich, 1.1 volts is the maximum voltage it should be on the high side>

·
Registered
2,472 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Have a A/F meter on that sensor and it is all over the place and has been ever since gauge was installed.

·
5,650 Posts
Is it running bad upon first start-up? If so, rule out the oxygen sensors because those aren't used for a couple minutes. Oxygen sensors don't typically have enough control over the fuel trim to make the car run rough. You'll run rich or lean, but the car won't generally run rough. MAF sensors can make the car run like aboslute crap if they aren't working right, and the A/F will be all over the place.

·
Registered
2,472 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
But wouldn't a dirty MAF affect both banks though, and it runs bad all the time. Is also a flucuation in idle.

·
Registered
2,472 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
ECT and ACT are reading good, If there is a Vacum leak I can't find it (been using starting fluid).

·
Registered
2,472 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Yeah I can pull the one off my 5.0. Only issue is to due that I have to get back under the car to put plugs back in and jacking the thing up anit a walk in the part (lowered 1.5")
But wouldn't a bad MAF be show on both banks?

To your correction all of the above, mainly weak and will not get over 10PSI and before could go beyond 16.

·
Registered
2,472 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
O2s age is unknown (bought it car in Jan).

I have the torx bits (has 80mm MAF on the SC) and it still wont work, just moving the sensor and not the caseing?

·
5,650 Posts
I can't say for sure if the difference between the MAFs is just the housing or both housing and electronics. I would assume both, since the SC probably needs a different transfer function for it's much larger incoming air charge, but I could be wrong.

And for the oxygen sensor, I guess it is possible that it is causing that side to foul up. In my first posts I missed the information about the 2 sides of the engine being different. If you don't know the age/mileage of the sensor, and you haven't replaced it, it might be safe to assume that the previous owner(s) didn't replace it either.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts