TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay before any one starts screaming about search, I openly admit I did not do one! Lets just clear that up. Anyways, I am in the Army, and currently my car has this really bad oil leak. It only occurs when the car is cold, after I drive it for a while the oil leak is barely noticeable, and yes there is still oil in teh car. I thought that it might be the sending unit since it is coming from that side, but after looking at it, the leak is coming from higher up. Could I possible have blown the head gasket on that side? Sorry for not searching but unfortunately Uncle Sam doesn't like for us to be spending alot of time on the computer instead of working. thanks for the help in advance. ;)

·
Registered
654 Posts
Chknhawk97 said:
Okay before any one starts screaming about search, I openly admit I did not do one! Lets just clear that up. Anyways, I am in the Army, and currently my car has this really bad oil leak. It only occurs when the car is cold, after I drive it for a while the oil leak is barely noticeable, and yes there is still oil in teh car. I thought that it might be the sending unit since it is coming from that side, but after looking at it, the leak is coming from higher up. Could I possible have blown the head gasket on that side? Sorry for not searching but unfortunately Uncle Sam doesn't like for us to be spending alot of time on the computer instead of working. thanks for the help in advance. ;)
I believe there is an oil additive that has a dye in it :confused: Do you have
access to the base's mechanics ? My guess would be front cover or valve
cover gaskets BUT :eek: :boom:

Good luck and let us know what it is

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I do have a place to work on my car but the problem is, is that it is about fifty miles away. I am stationed on a base that is in the process of closing down. I am still looking at it but thanks for the info.

·
Registered
3,178 Posts
Maybe you could find one of those car washes that cleans the underside of the car? Then once you get it home, maybe the leak would be small enough to trace. My top 3 suspects on the drivers side are: the sender, both where it attaches to the block and also where the filter and sensor are. Next is the valve cover gasket, and third would be the oil pan.

622 Posts
my oil leak that i just got fixed was the sending unit and the oil filter housing gasket. i have another little oil leak somewhere, but not the 12"x8" puddle in 2 hours that i had. good luck..

seth

1 - 6 of 6 Posts