TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,072 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Right,

When I accelerate hard off the line, sometimes my car will take off slower than a snail. Though the engine sounds like its winning a race...

Rpm is high and Im berly moving.... say 15 20 25 mph, then when the car gets to a certain mph it feels lioke it catches, and second gear chimes in and off we goooo! but I have been reading and Was thinking that the TC is just spinning to much? not working right?

Any thoughts?
Thanks

·
Registered
1,072 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
No the engine light is not on, and the OD light is fine. but I will check if it does it in manual...

·
Registered
1,072 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
This problem Is only really noticeable when The car is cold.....

I checked fluid, and it looks to be ok. Wouldnt a lack of fluid in the tranny be a cause? And also, would I put fluid into the tranny through the dipstick hole?

Thanks

Garrett

·
Registered
632 Posts
Again, does it do it in manual 1 and manual 2?

What color is the fluid, and how does it smell? When was the last time the fluid was changed? Do you know if you have Dexron III or Mercon V?

If you owned the car for some time, was there "shudder" when going into 3rd and 4th gears?

-Andrey

·
Registered
1,072 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
It does not do it on 1 or 2 manual shifts. And no... I've had the car for about two weeks now, It was my fathers, Taken good care...

I have no I dea what type of fluid is in the car, (If I were to bet I would Say dextron) The fluid color is Red, and seems normal, no burt smell... (If that is what you are looking for)

The car just rolled to 131,000 today. I know my year of tranny isnt the stongest... But If I were to have to fix the tranny in some way, would you suggest a newer model of tranny? Or could I update the inerds cheaper than buying a new one?

Thanks
:)

·
Registered
1,072 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
no,

It has pull... just high revs and goes slow.... Like the TC isnt locking...

MG

·
Registered
632 Posts
TC not locking would cause more "pull" at high revs, your car would rev higher but would not go slow; besides in 1st and 2nd the TC does not lock.

-Andrey

·
Registered
1,072 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
hummm good to know, Could this be a engine prob?

MG

BTW: this is my first Auto I have owned, trying my best to learn as much as I can quickly

1 - 10 of 10 Posts