TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,731 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Today I was at bestbuy picking up my radio and when I got home I noticed the temp gauge was glued to the far end of H and my check guage light was on. I of course driving a 3.8 start to panic about HG's but when I get out and pop the hood and notice my oil and my coolant are both clean and im not over flowing. I go to autozone and get a new t-stat and gasket go to put them in and cross thread one of the bolts.... ok get out the tap and die and tap the holes and use a new bolt, ok its all back together(car has been sitting with the hood open for 3-4 hours now) start the car and the needle jumps right back up to the end of its reach in the H and my gauge light comes back on.

I disconnect the temp sensor( i think) right above the t-stat neck with the one wire hook up and the light goes out and the needle drops to cold. So before I start buying things I think it might be what are your opinions? Also how expensive is the sensor and is there anything specail I should know about replacing it? Thanks in advance for any help you guys can give me on this.

·
The Parts Guy
7,359 Posts
Sounds like a bad temp sending unit (which is what you unplugged). It should only be a few $$'s at the auto parts store.

-Rod

·
Registered
1,731 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
that was the culprit and now it has been replaced as well as my t-stat so im set. Thanks again Rod.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts