TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)

heres the vid my friend took http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vtj5UPjwjnQ

This was my first time ever at the track, as far as mods go I have a bigger plenum/tb, tune, cold air, mandrel exhuast with high flow cats, u/d pulleys. only got to do one run due to camaro from hell leavin oil all down the track. Should I have done better? any tips for launching and not bogging down?

·
Super Moderator
12,395 Posts
Nope, I doubt you could do much better than that. Air temperature will have some bearing on your time. I bet it was hot at the track.

That's a pretty standard time for a basically stock car on street tires. Your reaction time is really good for a first timer.

·
High-Mileage 4.6L Thrasher
3,232 Posts

This was my first time ever at the track, as far as mods go I have a bigger plenum/tb, tune, cold air, mandrel exhuast with high flow cats, u/d pulleys. only got to do one run due to camaro from hell leavin oil all down the track. Should I have done better? any tips for launching and not bogging down?
Needs converter and tires.
BAD.
But otherwise,it's a fairly decent time for the car.
JL

·
3,232 Posts
Do gears make any differnce in the full quarter times?
Absolutely,but nowhere near as much as a converter and good sticky tires.
JL

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
hmm how is daily driving with a converter say the stall is 2500 would it not engage fully till then no matter what or only when the brakes are on?

·
3,232 Posts
hmm how is daily driving with a converter say the stall is 2500 would it not engage fully till then no matter what or only when the brakes are on?
My car has a 4000 stall converter,and it drives fine day-to-day. These are lockup converters on these cars,and the lockup clutch is independent of the stall speed,so once you've moving-the clutch locks,and it behaves much like a stock converter. This,of course is assuming you have a good tune that will command a lockup schedule like that.
JL

·
Registered
4,407 Posts
I run a 3500 stall and get 22-24mpg on the highway.

·
Registered
605 Posts
Yea I just took mine To the beach with a 3500 stall with all my mods and got 385 miles out of a tank :)

·
Registered
4,407 Posts
Yea I just took mine To the beach with a 3500 stall with all my mods and got 385 miles out of a tank :)
This is good to know because I am driving my car to Portsmout VA tomorrow to pick up a 1990 Supercoupe.

·
Registered
283 Posts
That is impressive. What was your average speed and who did your tune?

·
Registered
605 Posts
Think my aaverage speed down was around 65mph. I just try to stay around 2100-2200rpms That seams to be the sweet spot for good MPG. ON the way home I was doing 75+ lol only got about 300 miles out of that tank lol

·
motor city poster
2,029 Posts
i ran my car with cold air intake, j-mod, pulleys, cat-back exhaust and did a 15.38..

weather was like 55 and cloudy and it hooked without spinning the tires..

id say your right in line.

·
Super Moderator
12,395 Posts
Yada, yada, yada, yea, yea, yea, get this Wunder project of your's done and quit talkin' about it ... :tongue:

1 - 20 of 20 Posts