TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
715 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok so I posted a few days ago about my car haven horrible vibrations over 40mph. Well I put it up on the hoist today and was amazed at what i saw. The U-joint bolts were all so loose it wasnt funny, 2 of the bolts had only 2 threds holding it in!! I have no idea how this could happen and was so shocked to see it. Anyone have a reason why this might happen?? Problem is fixed but still thats crazy

Mike

·
Registered
715 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thats what im saying. I have no idea how that would happen, unless some one is out to get me...... So im kinda clueless as to how in the world that happend.

Mike

·
Registered
975 Posts
Yeah. Mine keep coming loose. I need to invest in some loctite before I die.

·
Registered
161 Posts
So is Ford out to get us? When I was pulling my T5 out of the donor Mustang I was kinda shocked to find that all the bolts were just finger tight. The threads looked like the bolts had been loose for quite some time. Then I found out that I had the same problem with the Bird. It sounds like I need to put some locktite on them ASAP..... :leftright

·
Registered
715 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Yep its a pretty serious problem, if the DS ever did come all the way loose it might be a scary moment. Definetly put some locktight on em, the WILL come loose again.

Mike

·
Registered
3,178 Posts
Every time I ever had to remove DS bolts for the first time, they were a beyyyotch and a half. my 95's required a 5' long "extenion" to break loose.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts