TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
8,239 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Welp guys, this has been the crappiest week in I don't know how long. Its mostly car related. Normally I don't post junk like this but here goes.

It all started thursday night. Myself and my dad were going to my uncles house in the blackbird.

I'm sitting at the redlight on colvin and eggert, and this dude in a mailbu smashes into my car doing about 25.

The rear bumper is crushed, and the decklid is all pushed in and i just got the estimate. My neighbor owns the collision shop and he said that it came to 46 percent of the value of my car, and he couldn't include the LED's in the estimate or it could total my car. The damage is really not bad. It came to nearly 2500 bucks.

The dude was real cool about it, they are footing the bill like they should and they aren't dicking me around about it. It just made me mad that he wan't paying attention, but accidents happen and his incurance company is going to cut me a check to fix it.

So my neighbor owns the collision shop, they are going to repaint the entire car, I haven't decided if I want to keep it black or change to another color.

Also thanks to nick from ohio for hooking me up with a black decklid and a new set of LED's for dirt cheap. I appriciate it hugely.

So then my story goes from kinda bad to really bad. My dad asks me if he can borrow my truck to take his girlfriend out to eat and to a movie (98 Roush F150). I say whatever because I'm staying in and working on some stuff at the house. My dad didn't want to drive his work van to take his girlfriend out and I don't blame him.

So he calls me just now and someone smashed the two side windows on my truck at the elmwood regal and stole the stereo system.

The kenwood excelron headunit is two months old.

I think my head is going to explode.

On the bright side, it can be fixed. Nobody is hurt or anything and it can be replaced.

The stealing thing just really makes me nuts, I just don't understand stealing. I've never wanted a 200 dollar headunit so bad that I had to smash windows on someones vehicle to take it, I just don't get it. Sorry to rant but I work a ton of hours between two jobs and going to school full time and I work hard to buy nice stuff. Just kinda makes me mad.

·
Registered
348 Posts
That sucks. Will your insurance cover your HU? I always worry about my car when i go to the movies. If I ever caught some one breaking in to my car I'd probaly snap light the dude at the begining of American History X. Thieves piss me off :redmad:

At least the bird didn't get totaled. I wish some one would rear end mine. My bumper needs repainted lol

·
Full Metal
4,744 Posts
be careful what you wish for dude, it could come true in a bad way, lol, someone in a green jetta almost rear ended me a couple of days ago too when i was turning off the main road to get back to work while on my lunch break,

i should of let him hit me, too but it prolly would of hurt me pretty good cause he was skidding about 20 feet or so and still showing hardly any signs of slowing down, so i estimate he was going to hit me at about 20-30 mph, so it prolly wouldn't have ended well, lol

so i floored it to get out of his way while doing a right hand turn, needless to say i got it sideways, so it was a pretty interesting lunch break, i still wonder if i shoulda let him hit me, :2huh: i still think about it though.....:D

·
Registered
817 Posts
^^getting rear ended sucks, because afterward whenever you slow down and theres any kind of traffic behind you, you will be paranoid and basically pray to god the person behind you sees you stopping. it sucks so bad, i hate it. everytime i slow down my eyes pop straight into that rearview mirror.

theres an upside, get rear ended, and you pay nothing. go to the chiropractor and have them look at your neck and they will deem it whiplash. then you get pain and suffering. then you get money for mods. or you get stuck with the bills cause their insurance doesnt "do" pain and suffering. then you have to go to court. thats where i am at 6 months after the fact.

·
Registered
972 Posts
Or could be hit by a large van of mexicans with no insurance, while your rolling around in your new escalade that you just bought the week before.

That is what happened to a guy that my dad works with. He spends all of his money on new cars every year just to have something nice and a van full of uninsured mexicans can change that in milliseconds.

When the cop showed up, he told him to let it go and try to collect from his insurance cause he would have to spend more money taking them to court and in the end, they will just get deported and he would be out even more money.

If I see a car about to hit me, I think of it this way, If I can keep the engine and tranny safe, I would let them hit me. That way If they dont have insurance I can pull the engine and tranny and sell for near what my car is worth.
And if they do have insurance, double goodie for me, I will buy back the totaled car and pull the eng and tranny and give it to the junkyard. Just about any good blow will total out my car, why you ask, ?

Its a 1993, MORE than 10 years old
There is rust in certain spots that would need to be taken care of before paint.

·
Registered
2,565 Posts
I'm afraid to get rear-ended in the thunderbird. It would do too much damage. My old Geo Tracker, on the other hand, was built like a tank. I was driving down a 50mph road at the customary 5 over and the light turned red at the worst time, i had to slam on my brakes to make it, and this guy in an Accord behind me didn't even touch his. 55mph rearend collision. I barely felt it. what happened was, the rear of my tracker was high enough where his Accord slid underneath. The bumper and gas tank bar ruined his sh!t. I had to put it in 4 wheel drive to get down off his car. Made me late for work, and bent the gas tank bar, but that was it.

·
Registered
972 Posts
Hey!! that happend to a guy my dad knew, his son took it out for a drive and he got rear end and not much damage.

·
8,239 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
SloMo228 said:
I'm afraid to get rear-ended in the thunderbird. It would do too much damage. My old Geo Tracker, on the other hand, was built like a tank. I was driving down a 50mph road at the customary 5 over and the light turned red at the worst time, i had to slam on my brakes to make it, and this guy in an Accord behind me didn't even touch his. 55mph rearend collision. I barely felt it. what happened was, the rear of my tracker was high enough where his Accord slid underneath. The bumper and gas tank bar ruined his sh!t. I had to put it in 4 wheel drive to get down off his car. Made me late for work, and bent the gas tank bar, but that was it.
Exact the opposite. The thunderbird is a tank, and to this day it is one of the safest cars on the road, it was five star crash certified.

·
Administrator
14,208 Posts
SloMo228 said:
what happened was, the rear of my tracker was high enough where his Accord slid underneath. The bumper and gas tank bar ruined his sh!t. I had to put it in 4 wheel drive to get down off his car. Made me late for work, and bent the gas tank bar, but that was it.
Same thing happened to me at Purdue with my Dodge Shadow and an RX7. Dude slid up under the bumper and lifted my rear tires off the ground. Since it was a two lane road we had to move to a parking lot. Well His hood rested on the tow hooks underneath the back of my car so when I drove off of him I gouged his hood all the way down.

I was late for class and he said he didn't have insurance so wanted to know if I would just let it go. I checked out my car, no problems, saw his f'd up hood and said "Sure, no problem." and made sure he left first.

·
Registered
348 Posts
i should of let him hit me, too but it prolly would of hurt me pretty good cause he was skidding about 20 feet or so and still showing hardly any signs of slowing down, so i estimate he was going to hit me at about 20-30 mph, so it prolly wouldn't have ended well, lol
Thats way I havent got my car totaled yet, I have this natural instinct to avoid getting in a wreck. After the fact I always wonder if should have swerved or not. I don't seriously wish to be in accident, just want my car painted on some one else's dime ;)

·
Full Metal
4,744 Posts
hah, that's if your fuel pump inertia switch didn't trigger, lol, you prolly wouldn't get to far with no fuel pressure, lol :D

·
Registered
671 Posts
I don't know about you guys, I like my car too much to get rear-ended. Besides, my luck I'd go flying off the road or into oncoming traffic and eat thru a straw for the rest of my life.

·
Registered
972 Posts
Yea, I seen a rear end collision to where the first car was rear end, and the car behind it was rear ended as well, it was a hit and run. I kept going following the trail of coolant left from the hit and runner.

I got about 2 miles down the road and seen the car sitting there smoking, with nobody in it.

It was in "mexicanville" so my guess is that he had no insurance or decided he didnt want higher insurance.

·
Registered
1,746 Posts
Don't even get me on close calls!

Yesterday, there's a BUSY four way light right next to the entrance of my neighborhood and I went as I normally did and some idiot hoping he was going to make a yellow light turn in front of me flew up there but it turned red, by the time I realized what was happening he had done hit his breaks and I just looked at him stupid.

About two weeks ago, same light, an idiot just flat out runs a red light almost nails the jeep right beside me (which in turn would have hit me) but by some chance he barely missed us.

Three days ago, I was driving past Wal-Mart (or Idiot Drivers Alley) and some lady starts to pull in my lane, I honk my horn and tell her that I'm there... she keeps going (I was pulling past her to begin with, 60 in a 45) so I had to slam on my breaks and come to a, get this, complete stop she yelled wtf is your problem! ME!

The moral of the story here, cell phones are evil when driving.

*Huggles huge tank known as the 'Screaming Bird'*

·
Premium Member
1,531 Posts
:uppoint: .....93sleeper........."mexicans/mexicanville":confused: ...............well I'm 100% mexican, have insurance, type perfectly, and don't really appreciate the racial comments, these boards are for cars, not mexicans who drive vans, or stuff 15 heads into the front seat of "our" landscaping trucks!!!!!!! :D .... well, I really am 100% mexican, work for AAA insurance, own one of the nicest birds in my town, and obviously have insurance, so maybe I'm the only mexican on these boards, but maybe not, so someone else might not take it as a joke as easily as me!!!!!!!!!! But heck, I've been hit 3 times in the past 3 years, and have had my stereo equipment stolen 8 times in the past 5 years. To me it's just a bunch of haters who are tremendously jealous of what I've worked for. And probably most of those theives are those "DAMN MEXICANS".......probably my friends or my own couisins!!!!:mad:....and remember.......I'm a MEXI-CAN, not a MEXI-CAN'T :ztoohot:

·
Full Metal
4,744 Posts
95dirtybird, you aren't the only mexican on these boards, my friend, i also get offended by some of the anti mexican comments i see here most of the time on these boards, maybe eventually we will be accepted as equals, one can only hope that time will come. later'z.......:D

·
Administrator
14,208 Posts
Well consider the source of the anti-mexican comments on this board and you'll see they are all from forum trolls anyway, so just do what the rest of us do and laugh at how seriously they take themselves and their over inflated egos.

·
Full Metal
4,744 Posts
that's what i do, :thumbsup: , so i just laugh and blow it off, it doesn't bother me as much unless i'm having a real bad day, lol...later'z.....:D

·
Premium Member
1,531 Posts
true, I mainly giggle at those who make the comments, because it shows the lack of intelligence, and maturity level.:2huh:

1 - 20 of 24 Posts