TCCoA Forums banner

21 - 26 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
What other spindles are there? Typical "good" camber is around -1.0 degrees up front. Lowering the car won't effect turning radius unless your wheel/tire choice is stuffing the tire into the fender.
ive read some guides on lowering a car and how it affects on camber. what they mention Is getting a "taller" spindle if the negative camber cant be fixed after lowering. Or, they say to get a taller upper ball joint. but if we can lower our cars without much problem then I would just lower it. if I cut the springs how would that affect the shocks that I have? I bought new kyb for the front

Earl bought his car with cut springs, and IIRC it was two full coils off sport springs. Looked good, but I wouldn’t want to drive it lol
can anyone tell me the difference between 1997 LX and 1997 sport springs on a t-bird? if there is a difference?

·
The Parts Guy
7,326 Posts
ive read some guides on lowering a car and how it affects on camber. what they mention Is getting a "taller" spindle if the negative camber cant be fixed after lowering. Or, they say to get a taller upper ball joint. but if we can lower our cars without much problem then I would just lower it. if I cut the springs how would that affect the shocks that I have? I bought new kyb for the front
This chassis has enough height to the spindle that the camber curve isn't adversely effected by lowering like a GM A-body, for instance. Cutting the springs is less than ideal, but do what you will. Any of the stock/aftermarket shocks will not be adversely effected by the small drop you're planning. KYB's are a decent budget option, but they are still quite soft.

·
Super Moderator
10,649 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
hey you guys are a huge help ty. having trouble finding what threads ive started after the fact. I click on my profile icon and all I get are alerts and conversations. thakns again

21 - 26 of 26 Posts