TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Question : Does anyone make replacement boots for an upper balljoint? Just replaced the upper control arms a couple years ago, now I find some critter has decided to use the boot for the balljoint for bubblegum. Really hate to replace the whole control arm because of a boot. Thanks Been looking, no luck yet.

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I got a set of the boots from Rob's. Only just now had the chance to put one on. A hint for anyone changing these : The stock spring-clip retainers will not work. Tried a marine grade fuel zip, no luck. Guessed that just possibly a retainer might not be needed. Seems to be working, will let you know after I put a few miles on it. Not doing the other side until I'm sure it works. If anyone knows a trick on these, do tell. Thanks Thunder Checken

·
Registered
2,435 Posts
Yea my boots don't use a clamp as u can grease them

·
Registered
2,435 Posts
I've had mine on for a few years with no issues

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks RobertP. If I hadn't spent so much time trying to clamp it, it's about the same amount of time as changing the oil. I'll go ahead and put the other one on.

·
Registered
2,435 Posts
Lol clamping would be nice the way I figured is every 10-15k u can slide boot down and add fresh grease, in my book they really save slot of money and time

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I have a note some of you may or not know already. Today I replaced the other boot that the critters didn't eat. It was still intact, but I like these greaseable boots. When I pulled the factory boot off, there was almost no grease whatsoever in it. It looked as if there was only enough there to help in assembly. If you have replaced your upper control arms, or are going to, I would surely think hard about using these boots now. Dang sure glad I did.

·
Registered
2,435 Posts
Yea, that's great 2 years is good cause I'd bet u would be replacing the complete control arm if not for the boots, many on here just don't believe how good they work, it saves a lot of money and time and I've got about 9 sets in stock

Robert

1 - 12 of 12 Posts