TCCoA Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,447 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 90 base bird, the bottoms of the doors are rusted out and the rockers are starting to rust. i am also shaving the trunk key hole and attennea hole. i want to get the car sand blasted and the rust repaired and the things shaved before i get my repaint (of course), how much money am i looking at for the sand blasting, repairs and shaving? oh, also next week im ordering my 96/97 xenon side skirts (betya never seen a 90 base bird with a 89/93 front clip, 96/97 xenon side skirts, 94/95 rear bumper).. but yea.. -greg

·
TSTaCC President
885 Posts
frankenstein

Sounds like ya got a frankenstein there. Sounds alot like my old mustang. It started out as a 79 turbo 4cyl manual. I put from the windshield foward the fenders, molding, front clip and hood from an 85 gt onto it. The engine became a carb'ed 289 from a 67 mustang. Auto trans with the bands tightened and the shift kit. Also big louvered back window and the biwing that comes out halfway down the window and then forms another one at the bottom of the trunk lid. It came out looking nice, but at car shows it confused all the mustang kids.

·
Registered
261 Posts
Rust spots are expensive to fix. Because even though they look small, a good body worker will cut out a panel, weld in new metal, sand it down, prime it and paint it.

I'm getting my beast back from the body shop today.

I got my saleen wing primed, painted, custom mounted, a surface rust spot the size of a quarter fixed, front bumper repainted (damn gate @ my old apartment), a small dent fixed, and a couple of scratches painted up. It's costing me $1200 for that, at a professional place. Most of the cost is in the rust spot, followed by the spoiler.

·
Registered
261 Posts
Didn't mean to turn this into 2 posts, but, I forgot something.

If you want to do it cheap, with out sacrificing quality TOO much.

Take it to Maaco just for the body work, and somewhere else for paint. Maaco sucks really bad at painting, but, their body work is cheap, and not half bad.

Also, don't tell the place you find to paint it you got the work done at Maaco. lol, a lot of people wouldn't even paint it.

LIE LIE LIE LIE LIE LIE LIE!

lol

1 - 4 of 4 Posts