TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,136 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got this code and was just wandering if this was the drivers side or the passenger side. The front sensor or the back sensor.

How much should I expect to pay for the one sensor?

·
Registered
1,136 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
93 The code is in my car right now I will look at it tommorrow after work. I had it ran at the local autozone.

·
Registered
1,136 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
So I replaced the sensor on the passenger side and I was wondering if the code will go away by itself or it will have to be cleared..

·
Registered
4 Posts
It will shut itself off eventually. The OBD II runs cycles, and if you notice, after you disconnect the battery for 5 minutes or so, (until the computer resets) the check engine light goes off, and if the same problem is occuring, it won't kick on for a while (anywhere from a day to a week) until the car feels it has a good enough cycle (a cycle being enough readings under differet power levels) to determine a problem exists. So, if you don't disconnect the battery when you change the sensor(s), it will be on, and you need to wait for it to go off. If you do disconnect the battery, you need to wait for it to come on. So either way you have to wait for the car to complete a cycle. The only way to know for sure is to disconnect the battery, and have the meter on hand to check every so often. If the car has not completed a cycle, it will let you know. I've never experienced most of this, but I am having a problem with a trouble code right now, and have been reading up on it.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts