TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,198 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I'm working back home this summer for the City of Akron (about 1500 peoples) and you know the typical small town stuff...you can name everyone at BOTH bars on any given day of the week...But anyways, yesterday we were tearing some curbing out of a street and one of the guys went to dump our dump truck, comes back and says...yeah someone must have robbed the bank or something, there's a trooper patrol car and a couple unmarked county cars just sitting in the bank parking lot...we just kind of laughed since the county guys and the city cops usually park and shoot the breeze all night on the weekends in some parking lot in town. BUT, later on come to find out...yes the bank was held up...kind of. Actually, both banks were hit. The first one they drove through the drive through but didn't get a penny and the other they went in and got 'an undisclosed amount of money'. So for the next month, that's all the town will be talking about. And they haven't cought the guys yet. But we did have some FBI people in town...that was kind of cool.

The real odd thing is that 3 of my coworkers saw the car and the people BEFORE it even happened. They were all dressed up, etc in hats, glasses, dark clothes. They thought they looked really out of place, but who would have known?

And a girl I graduated with just started at the bank that got hit not too long ago. I bet she likes her job even more now...

Joe

·
Registered
647 Posts
A couple years back a guy in my town robbed a bank with a knife and then rode off on his bicycle. He didn't get very far. Not even halfway to his crackhouse.

·
Premium Member
2,725 Posts
about 5 years ago i was in my quiet local banking establishment with about 10 other people when
a guy wearing a t-shirt, shorts, flip-flops, baseball cap and dark shades robbed it! It's a great way to
spend an additional 3 hours at the bank!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts