TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
4,407 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Which side of the motor is Bank 1 and which side is Bank 2?

·
Chapter Director Coordinator
6,253 Posts
bank 1 is left, bank 2 is right

·
Registered
4,407 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Left=Driver Right=Passenger?

·
Chapter Director Coordinator
6,253 Posts
stare at your engine

which side is left?

someone once told me, cylinder 1 is on bank 1

·
Registered
4,407 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

·
Faster than Porkchop
2,037 Posts
I think Bank one is pass side and two is driver side .

·
Registered
4,407 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Well how does it go for cylinders?

6 3
7 2
1 5
4 8

^^^^
"Front"

·
Super Moderator
11,961 Posts
what do you mean? did you mean 'what #s go to what cylinders?' if so, then cylinders 1-4 are on the passenger-side bank with the #1 cylinder being the one towards the front of the car, and #4 back near the firewall.....on the driver's side the front-most cylinder is #5, and the rear-most is #8.

·
Registered
5,412 Posts
4 8
3 7
2 6
1 5

^^^^
Front

Thats how....

Passenger side is bank 1
Drivers side is bank 2

·
Registered
4,407 Posts
Discussion Starter #10

·
Premium Member
9,165 Posts
Was this ever settled?

I've got a code (P1151) Lack of HO251 "Lean Bank 2 sensor 1"

Now which O2 sensor is giving me a hard time?

Cylinder 1 = Bank 1 makes sense to me

Ok, I'm in a hurry. I replaced the drivers side sensor, hope its the right one. If anyone knows otherwise, let me know. I'm on my way to MoKan to see just what this thing will do. ;)

·
5,650 Posts
Was this ever settled?

I've got a code (P1151) Lack of HO251 "Lean Bank 2 sensor 1"

Now which O2 sensor is giving me a hard time?

Cylinder 1 = Bank 1 makes sense to me

Ok, I'm in a hurry. I replaced the drivers side sensor, hope its the right one. If anyone knows otherwise, let me know. I'm on my way to MoKan to see just what this thing will do. ;)
You replaced the right sensor. Bank 1 is the passenger side, bank 2 the driver. Sensor 1 is the upstream (before catalytic converter) sensor, sensor 2 is the downstream (after cat) sensor.

·
Premium Member
9,165 Posts
Thanks for the confirmation.

When I replaced the sensor, reset the computer, and didn't get a CEL I figured I got the right one. I knew it had to be the one before the Cat, as I don't have any cats or any sensors after where they were for that matter. ;)

·
Registered
212 Posts
Did that resolve the problem? I am getting a P1151 also. No other codes. Engine occassionally idels rough only when warm. No adverse performance or fuel mileage. If I reset the ECM light takes about a week to come back on.

Thanks for the confirmation.

When I replaced the sensor, reset the computer, and didn't get a CEL I figured I got the right one. I knew it had to be the one before the Cat, as I don't have any cats or any sensors after where they were for that matter. ;)

·
Premium Member
9,165 Posts
Problem resolved. I was getting a strange code for a bad cam position sensor, but a buddy chimed in and said to clean my battery terminals. That fixed it, go figure.

Any other CELs have been taken care of, and its running great now.

·
Premium Member
9,165 Posts
i didn't have to change the CP sensor. the battery terminal clean up worked. Don't know why. But I imagine the CP sensor is pretty easy to replace. Its just hiding behind the left side coil pack.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts