TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
204 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It is staying on and my Volt Reg Gauge is showing to the left of the batt diagram when it is usally in the middle of the batt.
Is it the batt or the alt? It was on during a recent trip then went off and is back on now. Car is starting fine, no other signs of an issue.

·
Chapter Director Coordinator
6,253 Posts
lol i saw this and was like... bat light? you need Mark?

·
3rd Gear Chirper
2,399 Posts
Just take the bulb out. The battery won't ever die if that light isn't there to use the power up.

Anyhow, seriously I had that happen on mine and it was some damaged wiring at the connector on top of the voltage regulator. That white wire that goes to the stator had turned a nice crispy brown-black, and partially pulled out of it's terminal. I pushed it back in and it started charging again. The reason it fried was likely due to the poor connection it had when it originally pulled out of there. Poor connection= high resistance= heat. I'd recommend replacing yours if it looks burnt, and examining all the other terminals also.

·
Registered
204 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
OK, new twist. Today CHECK light came on BE4 the battery light did. Is thig going to be related? Car is running fine just lighting up like a Xmass tree.

·
Registered
9,966 Posts
well, how is the starter? if the bendix is hanging, it will drain the charging system. Change the engine to chassis mount, the contact is under the air box. Run a new one from the closest timing cover stud to the same location, keeping the original one there. Run a large SS screw also, something large that will cut into the metal. Verify that the alternator is bueno. It might be time for a new one. The brushes degrade over time, if you are going to do that, put the battery on a trickle charger and put on new battery terminals, something large and brass will work.

·
Registered
793 Posts
Just take the bulb out. The battery won't ever die if that light isn't there to use the power up.
Finally! Finally....some useful information! I took mine out a long time ago and ain't had no problems since then! Course I got me one of them NEVER DIE BATTERIES at the Sears and Roebuck store and that might be the reason, but I believe the real reason is that I took that doggone bulb out!
:D:uppoint::uppoint:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts