TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,606 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
well on my 95 mark 8 i have put a brand new battery in maybe couple months ago now and lately when its cold out i go to periodically start it and the battery is dead. i have a remote starter that was S*&%Y put in with the power wired into the fuse box on the side of the dash. i took the wires off so it does not have any power to it to see if it may be draining the batter if it for some reason stays on when the car is off. i went out today to start it and i was dead again after i undid the wires yesterday.

does anyone know what may be left on that could drain the power from the battery? no lights are left on, the radio goes off.

so i just keep disconnecting the pert to the battery so it does not drain and seems to work(aka not drain then put it back on and it starts up)

i have no amps or subs or anything, the car just sits because i am working to fix it up to eventually use it as a daily driver.

any help is appreciated
thanks
Dean

·
Registered
1,606 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
anyone have any ideas?

·
Premium Member
1,369 Posts
What I used to do to find a short was connect a test light between the battery negative and the negative cable. Then (with the door closed) start pulling fuses until it go's out (or dimmer due to memory and ECM draw)

·
Super Moderator
10,270 Posts
The only things that draw power while the key is off is the EEC, the Radio, and the climate control module (If electronic...).

Fuse 15 under the hood kills the EEC, the radio fuse inside will kill the radio (You need the one that supplies memory power; I believe it's the same one that runs the lighter); I'm not sure which fuse runs the CC.

Hook up a current meter, and start pulling fuses...

Seems like the most common, non-module based issue like this is crap getting in the cigarette lighter socket and shorting out. Blow it out with an airhose. Damp ash is conductive...

·
Registered
1,606 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
thanks alot,ill try that

1 - 5 of 5 Posts