TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
605 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Ok havn't found what I was looking for on the battery going in the trunk.. Has any one tried putting a battery where the spare tire is ? I can't use a spare any more because of the brakes on the car ( have to have at least a 18 inch wheel) . If you take the spare out and the jack there is no suport for the cover. So I wanted to see if any one had tried putting a battery in it's place? I was thinking I could put braces in the hole in the trunk for a battery box to slide down in..I have a optima red top. If you think i'm crazy or it won't work let me know.. Thanks

·
Registered
836 Posts
there is no reason you couldnt put it there. Most people just put it over the right tire for traction purposes. You can mount a battery hold down box there for sure. it will most likely stick up further then the spare did though.

·
Clueless Poster
2,458 Posts
putting it in the right side of the car also helps even out the weight of the driver. i plan on doing this after my pi head swap or during it while the car is out of commission to make room. for the swap.

·
Clueless Poster
2,458 Posts
where is it mark all i see are subs....damn that thing must bump loud. and are there 4 amps in that pic as well?

·
Registered
3,757 Posts
i have a g31 YT in my trunk. hurricane strapped down in the corner.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts