TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
552 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What´s a normal lifetime for a battery?
For two years ago the dealer installed a new one but i am not satisfied with it, during the wintermonths i use my Bird once in a month but the new one does always give problems. (the original battery was almost eight years old)
Today i went to the dealer but they could not find anything...
Thanks for the input,

Dutch

·
Heavily Medicated Crime Fighter
2,073 Posts
Wow, you can go a whole month without starting your car and it still starts? Even in the summer I am lucky to go three weeks without a start before the battery is flat. These cars suck up a lot of juice just sitting there.

Mark

·
Registered
1,923 Posts
took like me over a month to do the 5spd swap and droping/rebuling the front suspension on my car.. and i still had my battery connected during that time.. and such.. and my car still fired up on the first try..

I think it all revolves around the quality of the Battery... right now the cougar has a Opitma and i have a Delco freedom in my beater that has lasted since like '96??? (was orginally in my comet) but it is dieing.. can hardly go like a month before it can hardly start the car :(

·
Registered
552 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Well, is it normal or do i have to check all the electric things to be sure that it is not the battery?

·
8,239 Posts
it depends on what brand you have.

I read consumer reports a while back, they had an article on the top car batteries.

Motorcraft scored number one out of all of them, and optima scored a close second.

JH

·
Refrigerator Raider Hater
11,719 Posts
JustinH said:
it depends on what brand you have.

I read consumer reports a while back, they had an article on the top car batteries.

Motorcraft scored number one out of all of them, and optima scored a close second.

JH
I beleive it...my 96 still has the original battery, and just this fall my 90 SHO got just it's third. It came with a 3 year 100% replacement warrenty, and pro-rated till 7 years.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts