TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Does anyone have any experience with baumann engineerings Improved Main Pressure Regulator Valve and the Improved Bypass Clutch Control Sleeve and Plunger for the 4R70W valve body?http://www.baumannengineering.com/aodecat.htm
I'm doing the J-mod this weekend and thought that those might be worth putting in while I have the valve body out. Thanks, Adam B.

·
Johnny Bling Bling
3,811 Posts
i dont have a 4r70w, but when i had the baumann kit put in my aod last month, i used the new sleeve and valve. my car has over 100k, and for only $40 for those 2 parts, i figured better safe than sorry.

·
02 Explorer Pioneer
2,880 Posts
My two cents is to read trans 101 and follow it. Bauman has not been known for the best ideas with regard to the 4R70W (electronic shift improver). I did the the mods Jerry described in the article at 70K and I now have 235K on my origional trans and torque converter. I also run a motor with a blower on it so the trans isn't babied.

·
Johnny Bling Bling
3,811 Posts
timb said:
My two cents is to read trans 101 and follow it. Bauman has not been known for the best ideas with regard to the 4R70W (electronic shift improver). I did the the mods Jerry described in the article at 70K and I now have 235K on my origional trans and torque converter. I also run a motor with a blower on it so the trans isn't babied.
i believe he is doing ther jmod, just wanted to change the relief valve with the baumann one.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts