TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 20 of 56 Posts

·
Registered
1,228 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Moderators let me know if posting this is an isuue.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Would anyone be interested in a group buy for the Baumann TCS transmission controller and wiring harness, normally $550, for $425? This will allow 89-93 TBirds to upgrade to the 4R70W and bypass a lot of headaches and costs of tranny builds.

Apparently Baumann is about to release a new version of the controller and they are letting the old models with a harness go for what the controller used to cost by itself.

The are three guys on the Corall Mustang forum plus myself allready on board. I can't post there but am in contact with the gentleman that arranged the first buy a few months back. Let me know if there is any interest.

·
Registered
1,228 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hey guys,

I just spoke to Karl at BE. They have the new Optishift controller out and available http://www.optishift.com/.

He is going to see what he can do about a group price so I need to know if anyone would want tof ork out the extra money to upgrade to the newer controller. Let me know.

·
Registered
7,758 Posts
Do you know if they are offering the original style controller and wiring harness for a diesel E4OD for that price? Or does it have to be a group purchase?

·
Registered
1,228 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hey dude,

We were originally looking at the second generation TCS and there appeared to be 5 of us. Karl told me he would do $425 for the controller and the harness. The TCS does support the E4OD.

One of the guys in the group was steering towards the new Optishift as it is smaller annd has considerably more features.

Karl just emailed me and said he will do $510 for the new controller if we get 3 or more guys onboard. I can enquire if he will mix and match if only some of us wish to step up to the Optishift. Are you seriously interested in either of these?

·
Registered
7,758 Posts
Hey dude,

We were originally looking at the second generation TCS and there appeared to be 5 of us. Karl told me he would do $425 for the controller and the harness. The TCS does support the E4OD.

One of the guys in the group was steering towards the new Optishift as it is smaller annd has considerably more features.

Karl just emailed me and said he will do $510 for the new controller if we get 3 or more guys onboard. I can enquire if he will mix and match if only some of us wish to step up to the Optishift. Are you seriously interested in either of these?
Yep, (this weekend I'll be finishing up the assembly of the 7.3), I was going to call them in a couple of weeks to order one anyway. I just needed to confirm the diesel application. This is just a work, light towing truck so I doubt I would really need the Optishift.

Just let me know. I can call them and pay whenever.

Thanks for doing the leg work. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
1,228 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Well I talked to Karl and unfortunately they stopped making the TCS and completely sold out what they had. So the only other option from Baumann is the Optishift for the extra $85. It is still the cheapest controller on the market. I can see if he has any more room on the price break. Let me know what you think as the volume of buyers may influence the price. There were 3 of us at the SCCOA and one from another board.

·
Registered
7,758 Posts
Well that just sucks... :bawling:

Is the $510 just the controller or the controller and the harness?

·
Registered
7,758 Posts
Cool, put me down for one controller w/E4OD harness. Do I need to contact them and pay?

Crap, this has been an expensive day for the dually.... $510 for this, $250 for an aluminum radiator, $120 for a Mark VIII fan, $350 for gantry crane legs (so I can pull the 6.9L).... :beek:

·
Registered
7,758 Posts
You've been PM'd. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
1,228 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Yes,

I have been laid up for a few days with a slipped disc and wanted to give it time for more people. I believe the current number is 6. If you are interested, pm me your contact and shipping info so that I can pass it on to Baumann.

·
Registered
0 Posts
Oh, sorry to hear about your back. I sent you my info through email on the 1st. Let me know if you need me to send again.

I am glad to hear this is still on. Thanks for arranging this.

·
Registered
1,228 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
If anyone else is interested, I managed to get Karl to drop the price to $460 with the harness for 6 or more buyers. At least count, there were 6. Let me know if you want to get on board.

·
Registered
2,435 Posts
Will this work on a late model 4r70w?? Like a 2002 2003 wanting to put it behind the 5.0

·
Registered
2,435 Posts
Sweet when is the cutoff

1 - 20 of 56 Posts