TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
958 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
got offered these for the 95 mark viii (93 block, same thing) will they fit? pretty sure they will but wanted to be sure. waiting on a price now.

·
Registered
623 Posts
They will physically bolt to the heads, but won't fit in the car without some work. The steering shaft will probably be a problem and the floor may be.

·
Registered
245 Posts
and to make things worse, I don't believe those will even clear the transmission at all. Those are already a tight fit around the stock T45 in the Cobra. If one wanted to remove the T45, they would need to remove one of the headers. True story.

·
Registered
110 Posts
I don't think there is anyway they will fit around the strut towers and transmission. Kooks were the only ones I found that make all the bends to fit our cars.

·
Registered
958 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
You can make it work but it won't be pretty.

Just get a pair of '03-'04 Cobra manifolds if you don't want to spend the money on Kooks.
i'm assuming you've done this...... and if so, any noticable gains?

·
Premium Member
1,273 Posts
i'm assuming you've done this...... and if so, any noticable gains?
Yes, my '96 Mark VIII sports them now. It takes a little modding of the steering shaft but that's easy enough.

Can't say exactly what the gains are but it is definitely a noticeable improvement, possibly because of removing the cats. I already had a cat-back exhaust, so the Cobra manifolds just required downpipes to mate up to the rest of the exhaust.

I may or may not get to the track with it before other mods come along to quantify the results. The intent was to prep the car for a Vortech install. ;)

·
Registered
958 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Yes, my '96 Mark VIII sports them now. It takes a little modding of the steering shaft but that's easy enough.

Can't say exactly what the gains are but it is definitely a noticeable improvement, possibly because of removing the cats. I already had a cat-back exhaust, so the Cobra manifolds just required downpipes to mate up to the rest of the exhaust.

I may or may not get to the track with it before other mods come along to quantify the results. The intent was to prep the car for a Vortech install. ;)

if thats the case i've already gutted my cats so removing them and running downpipes wouldnt be much of a problem for me...... and i'm hoping next year i'll be ready for a vortech install myself. i love having a 95 mark viii (no emissions for my vehicle in illinois ;) ...... 96+ gets screwed though)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts