TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
3,391 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok so, I was wondering if you had any recipes that you would like share. Every Sundays I grill burgers, hot dogs, steaks.. So I would like to have something different this time. It does not have to just BBQ, it could be hot, sweet, or whatever. So, let see them recipes......

·
Banned
5,377 Posts
lawry seasoning? im a seasoning guy and i like putting pepper/corn/garlic on my steaks but for burgers i stick with smple lawry seasoning and then i slice some onions and make a lil aluminum foil basket for them and put a little water and lawry seasoning with the onions. makes for some good sauted' onions.

·
Registered
3,391 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thing is that I want to make my own and not buy. Nothing like home made stuff... Yeah Mike, I am hungry too.

·
Registered
2,656 Posts
i mix in chopped green onion, freshly pressed garlic, and some worsterchire sauce. sometimes add cayenne pepper to make it hotter. top it off with a slice of muenster cheese.. grill over some nice mesquite or hickory.... yummeh. *heads to the store for some hamburger and onions.*

Another good one. about a teaspoon of chili powder, and mild to hot salsa mixed in with your meat. topped off my monterrey or sharp cheddar. toast the buns with a mixture of butter, and cayenne or some chili powder.

i will look up some more too.

*and for traveler* deer burgers- mix 1 lb with about 1/8 cup worsterchire sauce, and some kc style bbq. add chopped onions and green peppers. yummeh!

·
Registered
663 Posts
Jack Daniels BBQ sauce. Burger cooked on a grill, with a grill toasted bun, topped with your favorite cheese (colby jack or pepper cheese), lettuce, fresh garden tomato, and videlia onion. Burger sitting next to home-made fries, either russet or sweet potatoe.

Man I'm getting hungry.

·
PostSkank
3,231 Posts
i mix in chopped green onion, freshly pressed garlic, and some worsterchire sauce. sometimes add cayenne pepper to make it hotter. top it off with a slice of muenster cheese.. grill over some nice mesquite or hickory.... yummeh. *heads to the store for some hamburger and onions.*

Man, why you gotta be stealing my recipe?!?!!! ;) I usually use white onions though, I'll try the greens next time I get a chance.

I've been meaning to try a little chopped ginger in there as well. And if you can find some good bleu cheese, you can mix some of that in as well.

However, I really like taking thick onion slices and grilling those next to the burgers. Melt another slice of cheese on top of them and slap it on top(I like a nice cheddar).

I wish meat wasn't so expensive here, and better quality.

·
CEO, WT Club
2,648 Posts
Sauteed mushroms and onions with some A-1, butter, and a really smokey BBQ sauce. Spoon onto burgers during last 5 minutes of cooking, and top with 1/2 a slice of deli provalone, and 1/2 a slice of cheddar. Thats the ladyfriend's fav.

I'm also fond of the montreal steak seasoning I get. That stuff on a perfectly cooked 1/2 pound burger is killer. Lawry's: bottom line is amazing on any kind of meat. I ever tried it on bacon in college and it was wicked good.

-Joel

·
Premium Member
9,165 Posts
.....*and for traveler* deer burgers- mix 1 lb with about 1/8 cup worsterchire sauce, and some kc style bbq. add chopped onions and green peppers. yummeh!
Sounds good. We'll have to try that as its looking like the grilling for the May meet is going to be lots of Deer burgers. (Still got plenty of it)

Best BBQ IS KC Masterpiece.

·
Registered
647 Posts
meh. I just use some Lawreys/Johnny's seasoning and sone garlic salt. It makes a great burger :)

But my favorite burger BBQ cookin sauce is Sweet Baby Rays, good stuff. Pretty cheap too.

·
Registered
177 Posts
I tell you something I came across that is good on just about anything.... Get you some Heinz 57 and honey. Mix two parts Heinz 57 to one part honey. Sweet n tangy taste but will knock your tastebuds out:tongue:

·
Administrator
14,208 Posts

·
Registered
724 Posts
I like Jane's Krazy Mixed Up Salt & worcestershire mixed in when you make the patties (none of this pre-made patty crap!) and then douse each side with your beer of choice once its on the grill.

I actually use Krazy Mixed Up Salt on a lot of things when I cook!

1 - 20 of 20 Posts