1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Geek w/Gearhead Complex
2,299 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Premium Member
2,976 Posts
Maybe not in our lifetime, but I think within 150 years it will be perfected...

Now if we could just perfect the warp drive and artifical gravity we would be ALL SET!

·
AnimeWhore
1,796 Posts
I read about this a month or two ago. Pretty cool stuff.
My issue with the whole thing is this: Is what comes out on the othe side really what you started with? I mean, would you be willing to have your original self destroyed in order to be "transmitted" and rebuilt from raw atomic material? Is the you that pops out on the other side actually you? Assuming all of you brain was perfectly reconstructed, you would have all of your memories, but you would still be a copy of your original self. I'm not willing to destroy myself in order to be sent somewhere else in the universe. No thanks. ;)

·
AnimeWhore
1,796 Posts
it would be an easy way to get to Mars or something without a ship though. hmmmm.... Ride the light anyone? heh

·
Whining Intakes Rock
3,645 Posts
Just think... order something from Dan and poof! it arrives a few minutes later.

·
Registered
975 Posts
I wish they would have mentioned if all the ions remained entangled. If you have to pass the ion around, I can't see it being better than passing electrons around.

·
Full Metal
4,744 Posts
cool, wonder how long it'll be before they can teleport larger things? :2huh:

·
Refrigerator Raider Hater
11,719 Posts
think of it this way... we will be able to beam energy within our lifetimes. along with satillies, you could have wiresless and cordless power anywhere in the world. maybe even do completely away with telephone and power lines....

·
AnimeWhore
1,796 Posts
and probably objects in about 100 years when computer power and our understanding of atomic structure gets a little better. ;)

1 - 11 of 11 Posts