TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
412 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This isn't mine. I saw it on craigslist in California, today and thought maybe there is a buyer on TCCoA looking for a cream puff. I like the white wall tires on it. http://redding.craigslist.org/cto/4980247472.html

95' LX FORD THUNDERBIRD LOW MILEAGE VERY CLEAN......Owned by two elderly individuals... V8 Automatic, Newer Tires, New Battery, Leather Seats and steering Wheel, Power Windows, Seats and Mirrors, Tilt Steering, Remote Keyless Entry w/ Alarm, Air Conditioning, Traction Control, Airbags, Power Steering, Temperature Control and more..... Everything works except the power antenna and the odometer. Plastic gears stripped after having oil change.. Has aftermarket Pioneer stereo. Owner gave up driving due to age.

·
Registered
5,411 Posts
Low unverifiable mileage due to stripped ODO gears, but it does look pretty clean. Also since it is not yours it gets moved to MISC.

·
Super Moderator
10,410 Posts
... Wouldn't surprise me if they're original frankly.
Twenty year old radials; I'd hate to bump a curb on the way home... :D

·
Registered
1,815 Posts
If you took a survey of all for sale ads, 75% of all cars are owned by little old ladies.

Those tires look new. Buy that car, flip the tires around and you're good to go. Well, that and add a factory trunk spoiler.

Al

·
Premium Member
31 Posts
Little old ladies, not so good at car maitenance

I picked up a 94 thunderbird 4.6 with just over 77k miles. I have known the couple for since the late 90s. Her husband, now deceased, loved that car. And I paid more than I should have for exactly that reason.

I know the miles are accurate because the odometer went out probably a week after I bought the car. lol. The ball joint boots (what was left anyway), just literally fell off on me the other day while fixing the antenna.

You will have to do a good job on checking the fluids, etc. Because the oil/coolant in the car was from 2011. Thankfully the person wrote the date on the oil filter! It was probably original black power steering fluid.

I still haven't seen what the diff looks like yet. Waiting for the support upgrades to come in.

And even though it was in a garage for 21 years and not driven all that much by comparison. The radiator T in the back and a good number of the vacuum hoses were starting to show their age. And after changing them, I was reminded of my age.

The engine was super clean though. Some check engine lights probably coming on because of old fuel and misc leaks, but working good now. Some fuel injector cleaner and a new fuel filter has done wonders.

Oh, and make sure they have the lock nuts taken off before you buy the car, they might not have the key.

And the rear drums were basically gone, I think the only thing original in my rear drum brake system is the lines to connect them. Drum, housing, internal hardware (my choice), hub

Did i mention replacing the lower radiator hoses was a royal pain in the asphalt?

I still have some vacuum hoses to replace, but I am not sure how to quite get in there just yet.

I do think it has had the diff fluid replaced once, the diff cover thing is entirely too clean to be factory new. And i know it had muffler work done at least once in its lifetime.

·
Registered
1,815 Posts
How is the OP car an LX with all those options, and no rear spoiler? Was that a separate option?

Al

·
Registered
1,815 Posts
I know the miles are accurate because the odometer went out probably a week after I bought the car. lol.
They sometimes work intermittently before they go out, can go on for months. I have seen them stop and start again on two different cars.

There was no factory spoiler until 1996
So, it was a dealer add-on?

The paint under my 95's spoiler is very rough to the touch, as if the spoiler was blocking the paint spray path. Factory Pearlescent white.

Al

1 - 11 of 11 Posts