TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,160 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Engine
Mercury Mountaineer dst p.o.77262 1G302AA 8/11/00 KCD20193 $925 Greenleaf - Little Roberts USA-MO(Kansas-City) E-mail 1-816-252-3930

Would this be a PI aluminum block engine?

Ok time for rant ......; AAAAAARG ... well intake gasket was leaking, changed it, but now leaking at t-stat oring ... wife rushing me to do this and that bc time running short, so reseat the intake w/o draining enough fluid .... wouldve removed plugs and turned over but recieved call again 10mins left to do what was needed ... try to just bump it over ... but forget bc is calling again. AND WHAT DOES ALL THAT EQUAL TOO ..... bent rod(s).

what sucks is i just paid it off, and install UD, and was planning cams tomorrow. Well i guess PI will take the place hopefully ... anyone want PI cams and underdrives ... cams havent been installed. UD have been on for one day.\

I may just keep the block and rebuild it with forged down the road.

Pointers on PI swap into a 96 please

·
Refrigerator Raider Hater
11,719 Posts
the 02 Mt. came with either a v6 or the 4.6L v8. Not sure on Al or Fe.

What brand and what version underdrives?

·
Registered
1,160 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
GreenBird said:
the 02 Mt. came with either a v6 or the 4.6L v8. Not sure on Al or Fe.

What brand and what version underdrives?
:leftright el cheapo Mac piggyback
but with that said ... i did notice a difference
if still interested ill attempt to remove them.

With the explorer... ill need the underdrives for the different water pump pulley right?

·
Eleventeenth Gear Poster
3,067 Posts
ITT-BIRD said:
Engine
Mercury Mountaineer dst p.o.77262 1G302AA 8/11/00 KCD20193 $925 Greenleaf - Little Roberts USA-MO(Kansas-City) E-mail 1-816-252-3930

Would this be a PI aluminum block engine?
Yes, thats an aluminum PI engine. The motor I have in my car is actually a 2002 Mountaineer engine. Also, when I did my swap, the 02 water pump had a shroud on it and I couldnt get it off with the pump on the motor so I used my 96 water pump. I havent had any problems with it after 17K and the Steeda UDs that were on my 96 motor went on the 02 motor without a problem.

ITT-BIRD, I replied to your PM.

·
Registered
1,160 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Aaron K. said:

Yes, thats an aluminum PI engine. The motor I have in my car is actually a 2002 Mountaineer engine. Also, when I did my swap, the 02 water pump had a shroud on it and I couldnt get it off with the pump on the motor so I used my 96 water pump. I havent had any problems with it after 17K and the Steeda UDs that were on my 96 motor went on the 02 motor without a problem.

ITT-BIRD, I replied to your PM.
Thanks.... but why do i need 94-95 cover versus my 96? Also i believe the engine should have knock sensors ... could i install wires in factory harness and then tune the ecc?

Well in the case of just swapping water pumps i may keep the UD.

Also does anyone know if the maruader tq convertor will need a new flexplate to work with explorer engine?

Thanks for all the quick info... hopefullly ill have the engine in and swapped b4 it throws a rod.

·
Eleventeenth Gear Poster
3,067 Posts
You need a 94-95 front cover because 1 bolt hole in your 96 cover doesnt line up where it threads into the aluminum block. A Mark VIII flexplate is what you need for the MArauder TC. I dont know if the 02 Explorer/Mountaineer have knock sensors, I dont think they do. As for wiring them up, ya got me there :)

·
Registered
2,894 Posts
so basically you killed your npi engine and got that beasti pi al block w/ mauder TC setup.....thats like bittersweet....im sure your happy about the swap though

·
Registered
1,160 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
JoeyICU said:
so basically you killed your npi engine and got that beasti pi al block w/ mauder TC setup.....thats like bittersweet....im sure your happy about the swap though
why just spend money on rebuild?:D

1 - 9 of 9 Posts