TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,160 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have been beating my head over the new track times, poor, only mustarded a 15.2 with all the new added stuff, where as i was at 15.4 with npi engine. I just thought of something stupid i did. I was changing the tail housing gasket and wanted to support the tranny... WELL i first put the jack on the pan, , it started to bend some to i found a new spot on the bell housing. Well i decided since i had the cats down and out of the way ... y not delete the 3rd cat. Well put it all back together and it just didnt feel right. I had totally forgotten aobut the pan/jack combo til a few mins ago. I was sure i hadnt gotten used to the new acceleration this quickly or that the deletion of the 3rd cat made a difference to the neg. I was thinking maybe this thing gonna crap out on me soon.

SOOOOO.... my question is ... with a restricted flow of fluid. What kind of damage can be done to my tranny ... I light accel it feels good ... anything over 50% feels like it bogging down ... so i guessing it can meet the flow requirements for at least light duty til i get all my research and parts for jmod. Im hoping that if my magnet is clean, i had did the torgue convertor upgrade and full fluid flush 3 weeks b4, i should be safe.?

·
02 Explorer Pioneer
2,880 Posts
I don't see how a dent in the trans pan is going to restrict fluid movement

·
Registered
1,160 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
not a small dent ... the whole pan is pushed in ... possibly enough to press against the filter pickup ... ill see when i bend it back out ... but thats not what im REALLY worried about ... what effects does lack of fluid flow have.

·
Astrophysicist / PostWhore
2,028 Posts
ITT-BIRD said:
not a small dent ... the whole pan is pushed in ... possibly enough to press against the filter pickup ... ill see when i bend it back out ... but thats not what im REALLY worried about ... what effects does lack of fluid flow have.
Lack of fluid is bad for an automatic transmisison. Ask the burned forward clutches on my old '96 transmission (tranny lines blew off while on the freeway).

1 - 4 of 4 Posts