TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey For those of you who dont know me or remember me, Name is Dennis i kinda went mia for a few years due to an ex gf issue and hacking into my computer, but either way the reason im on here now is a good friend of ours thats in Japan (Roger) asked me for a favor and I need some help. Ive had his 63 tbird in the garage rebuilding the motor the motor is back in almost done the thing I need help with is wiring. theres 5 wires coming out of the firewall im assuming one is ignition, ac, coolant temp, and the other two im lost on. does anybody have access to a wire diagram cause the only manual i can get is 40$ and id have to order it online and no guarantee what i need is in there. any help is greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
966 Posts
You could always trace the wires back to where the go if push comes to shove. But i'm sure a member can help you out in some way, I'll do some searching myself.

Edit:

This help?
http://www.oldcarmanualproject.com/tOCMP/wiring/5765wiring diagrams/Ford/MWire5765-220.jpg

or this?
http://www.tocmp.com/tOCMP/wiring/5765wiring diagrams/Ford/MWire5765-221.jpg

In the second one you can see that that there is a wire for oil pressure switch. Hopefully this helps.

Mod's, feel free to make those into thumbnails, the original pictures are too large for my liking

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
now im assuming that the 1-8 are connectors right. What throws me off is that his car actually looks like 5 wires coming threw the firewall with no wire connector like a solid wire for point a to point b unless the connector is under the dash. Im gonna try to get pictures tomorrow.

·
Administrator
745 Posts
I just checked the online auto reference section of my local library. The only 1963 ford they have info on would be the Club, the Club Wagon or the Econoline.
You might want to check with your local library - might even get lucky and find what you need!
The County library here just requires a card and you can login online and look up your vehicle there.
Good luck!

·
Super Moderator
12,067 Posts
Hi~! Welcome back Dennis.

It's good to see you're back and taking good care of Rogers car for him.

I still have your number. I'll give you a shout if I'm ever back in Detroit.

How's the Cougar?

·
Registered
987 Posts
Dennis,

There is large, active vintage Thunderbird club in our area: Water Wonderland Thunderbird Club. Their website is www.michigantbirds.com. Contact the club and I'm sure you can find some help with this issue.

·
PostSlut
13,597 Posts
Hey, good to see you post again.

I will see what I might have left over.......I used to have all the Ford service manuals for my 64 fairlane.

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I just checked the online auto reference section of my local library. The only 1963 ford they have info on would be the Club, the Club Wagon or the Econoline.
You might want to check with your local library - might even get lucky and find what you need!
The County library here just requires a card and you can login online and look up your vehicle there.
Good luck!
unfortunately I rarely have time to go to library, but if I get time ill try that.

Hi~! Welcome back Dennis.

It's good to see you're back and taking good care of Rogers car for him.

I still have your number. I'll give you a shout if I'm ever back in Detroit.

How's the Cougar?
im trying to get his car done asap so my mom has her garage back.
yeah the cougar is in the garage covered up til I have time to look at the trans/shifter issue.

Dennis,

There is large, active vintage Thunderbird club in our area: Water Wonderland Thunderbird Club. Their website is www.michigantbirds.com. Contact the club and I'm sure you can find some help with this issue.
awesome ill check it out!!!

Hey, good to see you post again.

I will see what I might have left over.......I used to have all the Ford service manuals for my 64 fairlane.
okay cool

·
Listening on 141.850 mHz!
829 Posts
Dennis, good to see you here again! My Tbird died and went to heaven (I hope!) Still have my 97 Lincoln Mark VIII LSC though, same color! Pic is in the avatar on the left!

·
Registered
477 Posts
Hi Dennis.

Long time no see, if you think you know where the wires go we can ohm them with a meter. Let me know if you need help.

Dave

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
hey if any one is interested i will be going to my mas house in the early a.m. to work his bird i gotta get it out of there. I may drive it to work a few days to break the motor in especially since my truck is in thebody shop now. Any help is appreciated.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts