TCCoA Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,166 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
so i gave my son my 95 cougar, barely used it since 2012, the stock trans had been rebuilt with j-mod and 11" tc from a mustang. sct xcal 2 custom tune from lonnie. well it went out and instead of having it rebuilt again i ordered a 99 mustang gt tranny. so if i remember correctly, i need to repin the harness, use 95 tcc solenoid and mlps, ...
speedo gear?
is there anything else im forgetting about?

of course the rest of things done were the twin caliper fronts, 80mm maf, aluminum pi from mountaineer, ..
just passing it down and want him to enjoy. he has before but now its in his name.

·
Super Moderator
1997 Thunderbird 4.6, 1998 Mark VIII LSC
10,709 Posts
Those are the important bits. The main functional change is that the tail shaft has 8 teeth on the speedo sensor drive gear vs. the MN12 4R70W's 7, so you're limited in terms of final drive ratio unless you're OK using a speedcal.

·
Registered
1,166 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Those are the important bits. The main functional change is that the tail shaft has 8 teeth on the speedo sensor drive gear vs. the MN12 4R70W's 7, so you're limited in terms of final drive ratio unless you're OK using a speedcal.
I know i had changed the gear qhen i did the swap in my 96 tbird. I want to say the gear went from the stock yellow/white to a red maybe. But that was near 20 yrs ago lol. I dont remember exactly where i had found the info at on which part number i used. But im not changing the rear end from the 3.27s.
Thanks

·
Super Moderator
1997 Thunderbird 4.6, 1998 Mark VIII LSC
10,709 Posts
In that case the orange 20 tooth gear is the most accurate speedo gear, assuming tires close to stock diameter.

·
Registered
1,166 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
In that case the orange 20 tooth gear is the most accurate speedo gear, assuming tires close to stock diameter.
thanks, yes its the stock 225/60r16. and even if he does decide to get aftermarket rims, ill show him how to keep as close to stock circ as possible.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts