TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
313 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So how bad is this pitting between my cylinders? It is between every cylinder but this one was the worst. I have had the block dipped and honed already. Before I continue with the cleaning and prepping what are my options? Am I alright to leave it or should I resurface or just start looking for a new block and use this as a nice coffee table?

·
Registered
313 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I haven't gotten around to taking measurements yet. I'm not quite the wealth of knowledge you are but how does the concentricity apply to the amount of pitting on the deck surface? Sorry if its a dumb question.

·
Registered
313 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Also, did you ever get motor mounts? I got busy with a whole lot of work and forgot about them. Shipping would be between $17-$20 according to the FedEx and UPS websites.

·
Registered
2,662 Posts
Probably referring to concentricity to see if the cylinder walls are still round enough to give a proper centerline and keep the rings sealed.

·
Registered
1,273 Posts
coffee table might be nice, clean it all up and put a light underneath and a big sheet of tempered glass on top like the top gear guys and their V12 :D

·
Super Moderator
11,961 Posts
if it's too out of round, then it's not worth anything. If there is only slight taper and can [maybe] be fixed with a small over-bore, then it would be worth "decking" the block the necessary amount to get rid of as much pitting as possible.

Don't worry about the mounts, just gonna "wing it" with my current ones.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts