TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2,150 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I heard this on the radio the other day, and I haven't been able to stop thinking about it.

Death is a part of life and subsequently, something we will all face. Death to us is often times a taboo subject. As such, because it is so taboo in our culture, we don't like to talk about death until we absolutely have to such as when a family member or close friend is facing death.

We all hope that we get to live a long and fruitful life and that our time comes much later in our life; after we have seen everything we have wanted to see, after we have done everything we have wanted to do. With all that said, I bring us to this:

Before I die, I want to...

..I want to travel to Cape Canaveral and see a rocket ship launch off into space with my wife and kids.

·
Super Moderator
10,298 Posts

Before I die, I want to...

..I want to travel to Cape Canaveral and see a rocket ship launch off into space with my wife and kids.
Are you tired of them already? :surprise:

Or did you mean:

"I want to travel to Cape Canaveral with my wife and kids and see a rocket ship launch off into space."

The Difference is subtle, I'll admit...

:grin2:

I got to see a Saturn V and a Shuttle, those were awesome; I highly recommend it. :)

When they do the new one, the SLS, I'll be there. :)

Sometime in 2018...

·
Registered
482 Posts
I was going to say that's an extreme way to get away from the wife for a while.

I've been to the Cape and watched the shuttle blow up on live TV so I think that's pretty good for me.

(Edit)

Before I go I'd like to explore the Canadian west coast. I enjoyed Vancouver Island and the Canadian San Juan Islands and from the air on flights to Alaska it looks like there is a thousand miles of coastal wilderness to explore.

·
Super Moderator
10,298 Posts

I've been to the Cape and watched the shuttle blow up on live TV so I think that's pretty good for me.
:crying:

One of the girls in our office was talking to her husband at ORNL; they were watching it live.

After it blew, I rigged a monitor we had with a tuner, and we were watching the news when it was replayed a few minutes later; it devastated us.

Some one asked me the next day if I would sign up, after seeing what happened; Hell yes I would!

Before I die, (or during, whatever,) I'd like One Rocket Ride to space, please!

I'd even test the "Personal Reentry Device" we hope they're making, if they'll fit my spacesuit with a wingsuit.

When you're on top of that much juice, **** can happen; it's part of the deal. I'd play.

You pays your money, and you rolls the dice. :|

·
Registered
412 Posts
I want my late wife and son back. I also want my 1967 Mustang GT 2+2, 390 4 speed back, and I want to know what 2+2 stands for.

·
Registered
2,634 Posts
You wanna get rid of your wife and kids that badly?
-g

·
Registered
2,150 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Are you tired of them already? :surprise:

Or did you mean:

"I want to travel to Cape Canaveral with my wife and kids and see a rocket ship launch off into space."

The Difference is subtle, I'll admit...

:grin2:

I got to see a Saturn V and a Shuttle, those were awesome; I highly recommend it. :)

When they do the new one, the SLS, I'll be there. :)

Sometime in 2018...
I was going to say that's an extreme way to get away from the wife for a while.

You wanna get rid of your wife and kids that badly?
-g
LOL!! I didn't even realize what I had written! I had spent some time writing and re-writing my OP and didn't do enough proof reading apparently! But yea, what you said is what I meant, LOL

I want my late wife and son back. I also want my 1967 Mustang GT 2+2, 390 4 speed back, and I want to know what 2+2 stands for.
The 2+2 style is pretty much any car that has two individual rear seats instead for only two rear passengers instead of a large bench seat which can support three rear passengers. I hope that satisfies your 2+2.

Sorry about your wife and son.

·
Super Moderator
7,479 Posts
Before I die, I want to drive 200mph in a car. Hopefully this doesn't happen immediately prior to my death!

·
Registered
3,750 Posts
I want to wingsuit. I don't care if that's why I die, I want to do it. I mean I don't want to die doing it... but that'd be a fun way to go.

·
Super Moderator
10,298 Posts
Do it soon; I'm told I'm too old. :)

1 - 12 of 12 Posts