TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
7,557 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have it. It's on the way out, luckily. I couldn't move the right side of my face. I couldn't shut my right eye without completely shutting my left completely. Now I can mostly shut my right on its own. If I open my mouth, my lip still covers most of my teeth on the right side. It's a really weird feeling when you can't move half of your face and can only smile like Two-Face when you laugh.

I didn't even feel anything wrong or numb when it happened, I just noticed when I tried to laugh, and all I could do is grin. I went to the emergency room a few days later, because the doctor I called said he was booked until December 18th, which at this point looks like I won't even be having any more issues at that time.

I was surprised that when I told the nurse that's what I thought I might have, the only other patient waiting said he had it a little stronger than I had. He had to tape his eye shut. I haven't taken anything or had to do anything special, aside from issues with eating, drinking, and keeping water out of my eye during a shower, but I've mostly recovered at this point.

Didn't find any other incidents in search and thought I might see if anyone else has had it.

·
Registered
7,758 Posts
Glad to hear you're recovering!! I would have freaked as those symptoms sound VERY similiar to the aftermath of a stroke!!

·
Registered
336 Posts
I had it in the right side about ten years ago. Really no known cause, many women post pregnancy get it. My eye needed to be taped shut, took about a month of mega steroids to cease. Sometimes all the symptoms dont subside, but the residuals arent usually to bad. Good Luck.

·
Registered
7,557 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I'm pretty lucky it was so light. It has been a couple weeks and I'm almost completely over it, probably a few days away at this rate.

I went to Urgent Care, but the doctor told me for how light mine was, I wouldn't need to do anything except keep my eye moist, and it should go away on its own. One of the teachers back at my elementary school has had it three times, and she had to wear an eye patch over her eye.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bell's_palsy
http://www.webmd.com/brain/understanding-bells-palsy-basics

·
Registered
2,717 Posts
I was watching past episodes of Law and Order: Criminal Intent. The guy that plays the police captain has Bell's Palsy. I found out because in one episode, he had an eyepatch. He also mentioned something about BP in the episode too. I looked it and sure enough, Jamey Sheridan has it. It seems he gets along well. Just has flare ups and has to prolly take meds and wear the eye patch.

Let us know how it turns out.

·
Baby Huey
3,210 Posts
Man dude, im sorry to here about your condition. Get well soon!

·
Registered
7,062 Posts
Sister has it.

Never went away.

Glad to hear it CAN be fixed.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts