TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
2,717 Posts
Yep. Felt it like a punch in the stomach when I read it.

RIP BP

·
Registered
1,267 Posts
BP was one of the good ones. As far as I'm concerned, there was never a broadcasting team that was a match for BP, Ned Jarrett, and Bob Jenkins. Though I never met him in person, it seemed as if the camera never caught BP without a smile on his face.

Sad to see Bobby Hamilton go, too. I remember how cool it was to see him get Petty Enterprises back in victory lane in 96, and it seemed as if the truck series was a perfect match for his personality and driving style.

May both champions rest in peace.

·
Super Moderator
11,866 Posts
Wonderful Man. I remember watching him race in North Wilkesboro back in the day.

·
8,239 Posts
Too bad, must have died from smoking.

What happened to Bobby Hamilton?

I was sort of out of the racing loop this past year, didn't get to watch any races.

In years past I would watch a few races a month.

Its a good relaxing thing to do in winter and early spring when the weather isn't great out. When it gets to be late spring and summer, I miss most of the races as i'm outside more.

·
Super Moderator
11,866 Posts
Yup, Bobby Hamilton died from Head and Neck Cancer he just died on January 7 of this year. Probably from smoking or chewing tobacco because Tobacco and alcohol are the primary etiologic agents in most head and neck cancers.

·
Registered
116 Posts
Benny use to smoke but he quit back in the 70's I believe I heard him say. Benny was one of kind, seemed like the most pleasant person to be around. He will be missed bigtime. I've always enjoyed his professionalism.

RIP Benny!
We loved ya man.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts