TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Banned
5,377 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Today was the last day of the 50% off sale weekend. Of course i HAD to take advantge of it. Its a "3L27 88 pumpkin" *3.27 trac-lok ford 8.8 pumkin* out of a 1993 sc. This is gonna be my lil project and im gonna build it up myself with carbon fiber cobra clutches/better s-spring/4.10's/etc....

it took me 2hours total to get it out of the sc. would of been faster but my dumbarse forgot there was a bolt/nut combo so i kept turning the nut like a retard and was wonderin why it wasnt coming out lol. that was 20 minutes of good confusion hehhe

Let the games begin :D

this is where i stick out my tongue and say i got a trac-lok for 30 bucks ;)

-Mike

·
Premium Member
585 Posts
Great find! :thumbsup:

Keep us posted on your progress.

·
Registered
2,806 Posts
If you were really smart you would have grapped a mark pumkin or two while you were at it.

-Miller

·
Banned
5,377 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
your the 3rd person to tell me that but maybe why i didnt grab a mark 8 pumpkin was because there was NONE THERE! lol

nice try tho...

·
Administrator
14,208 Posts
I got a 3.73 FRPP 8.8 TL pumpkin for $5 in a raffle. ;) $30 is really good though.

·
Banned
5,377 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
yea we know....i remember when you cheated and got it.

how did a lifetime member/supermod/adim get soooooo lucky and get a pumpkin?

lol j/k

·
Administrator
14,208 Posts
I was just a lowly front page pic poster when I won that, along with SC bumper lettering and an SC spanner wrench. lol

·
Registered
4,407 Posts
Wow great find!!!
So when do plan on rebuilding it???

·
Banned
5,377 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
well not sure on which trac-lok rebuild kit to get seeing how some recommend the f-150 and some the cobra clutch pack.

Can i still use a cobra ebuil kit if i use 3 clutches? i know a guy i can get them for 80 shipped for carbon fiber clutches, new shims, s-spring, etc...

i will build this slowly and do it right, no rush...remember i have to change your avatar phrase before you get here ;)

·
Registered
3,391 Posts
Hey porky, what tools do you need to rebuild the rear end? I have a tlock in my garage along with a ford master rebuild and some 3.55's ready to put in, but local "mechanics" want a lot to rebuild. Make sure you take many pics and a write up for me to do it :D

·
Banned
5,377 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
if you dont know how to use a dial indicator then have someone else do it for yah...

im just using the ford cd for reference...not too difficult just gotta use precision measuring instruments and know what needs to be done/adjusted.

·
Registered
3,391 Posts
if you dont know how to use a dial indicator then have someone else do it for yah...

im just using the ford cd for reference...not too difficult just gotta use precision measuring instruments and know what needs to be done/adjusted.
Well, I've never used a dial indicator, but one can learn, right? I did not knew anything about engine swap and I did it with the most basic tools. I'll look into the part.... sh1t if you can do it, I can :D Also which dial you using? I have the cd tech too.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts