TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm in the market for getting a new performance chip for my bird. I have heard of people around here using Diablo, Reinhart, and even Hypertech. I didnt know which chip is the best for our cars

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Has anyone ever had any bad experiences with the chip not doing what they wanted?

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
What do you guys think about Diablo, I've heard good things about them. Are they reliable and live up to the performance i want?

·
Registered
6,220 Posts
bluebird_281 said:
Has anyone ever had any bad experiences with the chip not doing what they wanted?
yea it didnt gain me 50 thousand horse power like the ricer sites say they do.

but every once in a while youll find a bad chip, one that just wont work, send it back to the tuner, it could be anything from a softwear problem, bad burn, or a hardwear problem the chip just dont work.

diablo- fordchip gets the black diablo hardware and then programs their software into them, so its a diablo delta chip with fordchip software.

last time i talked with the guys from fordchip they were talking about some upcomming stuff they have comming out, some cool stuff!!! so stay Tuned.

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
VicRattlehead said:

diablo- fordchip gets the black diablo hardware and then programs their software into them, so its a diablo delta chip with fordchip software.

last time i talked with the guys from fordchip they were talking about some upcomming stuff they have comming out, some cool stuff!!! so stay Tuned.

ok, so is the Diablo just a division of fordchip, and which is better, fordchip or reinhart????

·
Registered
6,220 Posts
ya know how saleen takes a mustang and then adds all their stuff to it, same with fordchip, they take a diablo chip and then program all their stuff into it. physically its a diablo chip, its just something that carries the fordchip program, ive had fordchip programed superchips chip in the past, it doesnt matter what hardware your using, (well it does but another story) its all in the softwear.

dennis' chips are the same program as fordchip, either way your ok, me personaly i went with fordchip.

·
Registered
2,894 Posts
and all these chips you have just mentioned use inject tech tuning?

·
Registered
6,220 Posts
JoeyICU said:
and all these chips you have just mentioned use inject tech tuning?
Inject Tech = Fordchip, the name has changed but the tuning has remained the same great stuff your used to.

·
Registered
2,129 Posts
Don't go with Superchip ;) Hehe, i have one, it's not bad, but that money would have been better spent on a Fordchip or Reinhart. Damnit! But I wasn't aware of any other chips when i bought that one (long before i found this club). I'm happy with the shift points and everything that the chip changed, but I know the programming could be better. Who knows maybe i'll get my fordchip after i get a new MAF and maybe I won't be able to tell much, but then i'll know for sure, having had both chips.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Im looking to put a fordchip in my car, but im not sure what each will do. Should i get the F-1 or F-2? Ones for street and ones for drag but i use it for only street use. However, it says that the track one improves shift timing which seems like a big improvement. What should i do?

·
Registered
2,129 Posts
You can put the chip in right away, you will notice your shift points will be very different. Now if you get new gears, or a new MAF or throttle body, then the chip will need to be reburned. So it depends on you and how much money you have i guess. I know the fordchip is pretty expensive to get reburned, if my memory serves. The Superchip was the first thing i did to the car, and it was worth it just for the slighty quicker shifts and higher shift points.

·
Registered
2,894 Posts
if i was geting a chip and do a mod orgy type of thing.......new MAF new TB 3.73 posi unit and other things that would need a chip b/c of the drastic change......but thats me cuase im poor ;)

·
Registered
2,129 Posts
Yeah, I dropped $250 on my superchip... and when I do my throttle body and MAF, then i'll probably get a Reinhart, but then I will need to get that reburned after I do the FRPP 3.73 pumpkin

I can't win :)

·
Registered
2,129 Posts
But you need the reburn for the MAF... that is what i was referring to...

Actually, i'm not even sure if i should bother with the throttle body.. i've heard that the bigger TB doesn't really do anything for you... figured i'd research it more when i got closer to purchasing it...

1 - 19 of 19 Posts