TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just got an OEM Ford wing and was wondering if anyone knows of a good chem to remove the paint (it looks like regular can of car spray paint was used) without melting the plastic wing. ThanX!

·
Registered
2,638 Posts
Sandpaper always works for me.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I was lookin more for spray an wipe! :D After building a couple of electric giutars, I freakin hate sanding (30 coats, 1200 grit wet/dry Arrrgggghhhh!).

·
Sweet T
3,452 Posts
Edit: Wait... just realized you were stipping a wing. They have some stuff, it's called Bulldog? Or has one on the can. I think they sell it at Autozone. They have a formula that's used on urethane bumpers and ground effects. Might work for your wing.

·
Registered
189 Posts
the BEST STUFF is aircraft paint stripper i mean THE BEST ......trust me THE BEST and you can find it at checker or carquest

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
:D That's what I'm worried about! The wing is white plastic under the paint and I'd rather not liquify it!

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
ThanX! I'll try it on all my neighbors bumpers first! :D J/K!!!

·
Banned
1,162 Posts
don't use the aircraft stipper it will eat the **** out of that wing. far as i know bulldog only makes a adhesion promoter for plastic parts i.e. bumpers and what not but i don't think they make a stripper but i can ask my autobody teacher about it. I would just use 80 grit followed by 220 and you will be fine that's how i had to strip my bumper cause he said the plastic strippers don't work well.

·
Sweet T
3,452 Posts
thunderbird96 said:
don't use the aircraft stipper it will eat the **** out of that wing. far as i know bulldog only makes a adhesion promoter for plastic parts i.e. bumpers and what not but i don't think they make a stripper but i can ask my autobody teacher about it. I would just use 80 grit followed by 220 and you will be fine that's how i had to strip my bumper cause he said the plastic strippers don't work well.

I know for a fact they make it. I've used it. :rolleyes: And they work just fine if you rough the surface up and let the stripper sit.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Hey! ThanX SanDiegoLXBird! It is called Bulldog paint remover for bumbers. It worked better than expected. It took off the paint that was put on by the previous owner and took it right down to the Ford primer which left me at a great starting point. A little light sanding, more primer, a couple base coats, and by last night I was working on the clear coats. :D

·
Sweet T
3,452 Posts
RacerXHG said:
Hey! ThanX SanDiegoLXBird! It is called Bulldog paint remover for bumbers. It worked better than expected. It took off the paint that was put on by the previous owner and took it right down to the Ford primer which left me at a great starting point. A little light sanding, more primer, a couple base coats, and by last night I was working on the clear coats. :D

Glad it worked out for ya. Post some pics when you're finished. :thumbsup:

1 - 13 of 13 Posts