TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1,160 Posts
Read up in the EccTuning section .... but SCT chips is what you're after. Lonnie is the man to talk to.

·
Administrator
14,208 Posts
Lonnie Doll @ http://www.blueovalchips.com

Trust me, the difference between a SCT clone chip and a store-bought chip is a bigger difference than the store-bought chip and a stock car.

The store-bought chips only do WOT, these do everything, it's so much nicer to drive now.

·
Resident Line Creator
1,874 Posts
Would he be able to program one for better gas mileage, or could I do that myself?

·
Administrator
14,208 Posts
AFAIK Lonnie has the best fuel economy settings out there right now, and he's not giving them out.

·
Administrator
14,208 Posts
He can do most of it from there. With the few mods you got the only thing taking it to him would do is maybe give you a couple hp.

·
Administrator
14,208 Posts
The price is set by SCT the dealers can charge no less than that, and most of them don't go above it to be competitive.

Yes, I use a 180 thermostat and 1 step colder copper plugs.

Lonnie's a good guy, he's done quite a few of us Carolinians well.

·
Who is John Galt?
6,476 Posts
ShadowDragon said:
He can do most of it from there. With the few mods you got the only thing taking it to him would do is maybe give you a couple hp.
I'm thinking about after i do my swap (4.6 DOHC). I really don't see the point in dropping a bunch of money into an engine that isn't going to be in there much longer.

·
Registered
1,160 Posts
OK ... what classifies you as a wild na tune? Would my PI swapped birdy be considered wild? What others factors will make it a wild tune?

Thanks

·
Registered
6,220 Posts
id say a 'wild' na tune would be a built bottom end, ported heads, cams stuff along thoes lines.
a pi motorswap is nothing.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts