TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
535 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I plan on getting Vogtland springs, but I cant decide on what shocks I should use. I found new sport shocks, front and rear, on the ford part counter website. But for about $30 more I can get Tokico blues. Any pros/cons for either of them? Are there any other shocks you guys would recommend?

I spent sometime searching and I found a mix of good and bad reviews of the tokico shocks (mainly good), but nothing really comparing them to the sports which I have read are better than most of the shocks out there on the market.

·
Super Moderator
11,007 Posts
If you can find a set of the Real Sport shocks, I'd buy them.

As they went out of stock long ago, I doubt they're real.

Tokico blues are a good choice; they seem to last ~5 years or so.

You will have issues jacking the car up if you drop it too far; it's more annoying than the dragging on stuff to me.

:)

·
Registered
535 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
If you can find a set of the Real Sport shocks, I'd buy them.

As they went out of stock long ago, I doubt they're real.

Tokico blues are a good choice; they seem to last ~5 years or so.

You will have issues jacking the car up if you drop it too far; it's more annoying than the dragging on stuff to me.

:)
The part numbers for the base shocks and these are different, and labeled as "with sport option". Maybe I should just take a shot? :zdunno:

·
Super Moderator
1994 Cougar XR7 DOHC/5-Speed
17,477 Posts
Grog, my blues are ~ 10 years old and they're still good, I don't know where you get that arbitrary figure from. Tokico was the OEM supplier btw ;)

Sport fronts seem a little stiffer than the Blues so if you can get them, go for it. But I have my doubts as well, I tried getting a set several years ago through Ford to no success.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts