TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
268 Posts
from what i heard just dont get glasspacks on v6's they tend to not sound so great, i personally like the dual in/out magnaflow midmounted with true duals alot of people do that and im going to go that route myself in a couple weeks, check out the sound clips

·
Resident Line Creator
1,874 Posts
Alot, like myself are going with a Magnaflow mid mounted muffler in place of the third cat/resonator. I have high flow cats into a dual in/single out magnaflow with a Y pipe at the rear to some tips. You can listen to it starting up and idling here:

http://media.putfile.com/38-Exhaust

·
Motorboatin' SOB, Headlight Cleaning Guru
6,910 Posts
JL2K7388 said:
from what i heard just dont get glasspacks on v6's they tend to not sound so great
please. i had a glasspack on my v6 and the average person thought it was an 8. the glasspack was midmounted and the only muffling device on the car. if you are on a budget, get one from summit.

·
Registered
850 Posts
Va89Tbird said:
i want to make it loud, money is really not a problem
I hate to say it man but if you make a 3.8 really loud its gonna sound like a weed wacker(IMO). But if you insist on making it loud remove all cats and run duals all the way with a DI/DO Magnaflow midmounted. If you remove your cats just make sure you dont have emmisions testing anytime soon.

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I hate to say it man but if you make a 3.8 really loud its gonna sound like a weed wacker(IMO). But if you insist on making it loud remove all cats and run duals all the way with a DI/DO Magnaflow midmounted. If you remove your cats just make sure you dont have emmisions testing anytime soon.
thanks for the advice an help

1 - 10 of 10 Posts