TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,430 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ive been reading some exhaust posts, but the problem is i live in the smog nazi state of california. What is probably the best performing, sounding exhaust setup? I was thinking putting on a hi flo 3rd cat, and maybe a dynomax catback, or using a custom setup using ultraflo mufflers instead of super turbo. In terms of performance Dynomax vs Magnaflo which is better?

·
Registered
1,267 Posts
I've got the Flowmasters, and they're not as loud as I'd like. I've heard the Dynomax kit is even quieter. Remember, though, that anything you do after the third cat is smog legal, you'll just have to worry about noise levels. A big set of obnoxious Flowmaster American Thunders would make plenty of noise.

·
Registered
1,430 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
dont the americna thunder series flow better? Also is there a HP gain by putting on a hi flo 3rd cat? Whats louder magnaflows or dynomax ultraflow? the dynomax ultra flows sound nice.,

·
On Probation
2,019 Posts
I would consider getting the art system with high flow cats. I doubt that it could pass the smog nazi visual test even though it could pass sniffer test. If you get the art sytem keep you factory exhaust and put it on just before you go for inspection and pull it off right after and add the art system.

·
Registered
1,430 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
sounds like too much hassle, i dont have the tools to do that meaning, i would have to take it to a muffler shop and have them remove, put on, then remove, and put it back on. That would cost a pretty penny just to do that every inspection. If i get exhaust ill just go with a catback, 2.5 main pipe to the 3rd cat, and 2.25 out.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts