TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
what is the best sounding exhaust to put on a 1996 tbird with a stock 3.8 i was hoping to find something with a deeper rumble and doesn't sound so much like a v6 at higher rpm's thanks for any responses

·
Administrator
8,049 Posts
Dynomax cat back

Anything else will sound like angry bees with an attitude! :boom:

joe

·
Voice/Data Guru
7,781 Posts
Anything else will sound like angry bees with an attitude! :boom:

joe

LOL Joe I believe that you and me are about the only ones that like the Dynomax sound ;) The SC here has "ChokeMasters" they sound pretty good as well.

·
Super Moderator
9,297 Posts
I'll cast a vote for them as well. I don't think they're the perfect muffler for me (I have a drone I dislike), but they're not bad at all.

·
Registered
267 Posts
I personally have never heard a cool sounding V6 with aftermarket exhaust.

If you insist, the advice to install a resonator is good advice.

·
Super Moderator
17,034 Posts
Well there's good sounding V6's out there, but very time I hear someone say "I want it to sound like a V8" I just think you should get a V8. You can make an all around nice sounding V6 if you can accept it being a 6 cylinder.

I've heard a select few that have a V8ish rumble at idle but there's no mistaking it for a V6 past that no matter what you do. Pipes and baffles just can't duplicate sounds created by extra cylinders, firing patterns, ect.

·
Banned
998 Posts
The final result of my never ending search for the "BEST" exhaust system is.......... put it this way...there is NO single exhaust setup that sounds good to ALL.....just the sound/note that fits the owner/driver that matters!!

·
Registered
1,573 Posts
"Like fine wine we get perfected with time" :D

Here's a vote on Dynomax Super turbos or Turbos .
I'll put a 'one up' for Dynomax super turbos as well. I've only heard sound clips on a 4.6, but I had one on my old 4 banger 98 altima and that muffler sounded GREAT! Low rumble, noo too much and not raspy or ricey in the higher RPM range.

sounds pretty damn nice on this one and remember it's a 95 so it has the additional resonator...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P7VkNiYFa_k

·
Registered
438 Posts
on my old sc i used flowmaster 40ds 2 1/2 back to a 3 inch then back to 2 1/2 with no res and it sounded good had a deep tone and nice sound and rumble

·
Voice/Data Guru
7,781 Posts
Playing around with my camera , Here is a short piece of the Flowmasters 40ds on the SC . Not to bad for a 6 IMHO

<embed width="600" height="361" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" allowscriptaccess="always" wmode="transparent" src="http://static.photobucket.com/player.swf?file=http://vid775.photobucket.com/albums/yy39/angelia-01/NEWSC/newt-bird011.mp4">

·
Administrator
8,049 Posts
The 93 had 40's on it when I bought and it didn't sound bad but the drone was.

Joe

1 - 16 of 16 Posts