TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
So I have been wanting a full exhaust for a while. I want to put it on my 97 Thunderbird 4.6. If anyone has any suggestions on the best way to go without spending an outragous amount of money that would be great. I want new pipes, headers, cats, and mufflers. Please give me some examples i want to get this done by the start of te summer.

Another question, anyone know how much that may take off of the 1/4? I took it last weekend and ran a 15.94 @ 87.8 MPH. And then i remembered that i didnt take out the air silencer or my sub, or my spare. So i think i could have been doing better. Any suggestions on cheap ways to increase performance?

Also, would this pass emitions without the catalytic converters? I dont think that it would, anyone heard this exhaust before?
http://www.speedfreak.cc/products/texhaust/

Thanks
Andrew

·
Registered
480 Posts
from what ive been seing in other post is that the kooks headers are bout the best your gonna get but the cost is pretty close to 700 bucks. someone else will have to tell you about that link for the exhaust cuz i'd rather have mine homemade than spending 700 bucks for a pre-bent one , just my .02:)

·
Registered
798 Posts
Illinois doesn't have testing as far as I know, except by the big cities (chicago for example.)

atleast that's what I was told.

If I was you, I would go Kooks headers, true duals, glasspacks, chrome tips.

If you want to keep it cheap, cut the headers out completely. You're looking at quite a bit for headers. Also, look around for cheap local shops to get your exhaust made.

check out www.supercoupeperformance.com for exhaust.

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
yeah well i am about 15-20 miles out of chicago, im in the NW suburbs and i do have to do testing. theres a testing center 10 mins from my house, ive gone there with friends plenty of times. 3 out of 5 times my friends cars failed. I dont want that to happen to me.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts