TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey ppl,

I was looking at that seafoam post and was wondering... I have a fuel line problem that is making my fuel pump groan and strain, it's probably the fuel filter since the car was sitting around for 6 months before I bought it. I'm going to replace the fuel fiter, but then I want to run some fuel line cleaner and the like thru it just to get the engine up to speed, clean out the injectors and that stuff.

What are your oppinions on the best fuel additive for this kind of app? (I'm not asking about octane boosters, I know they're worthless)

D

PS: any bad experiences with prolong engine treatment?

·
Registered
85 Posts
Hello. There are people with extensive knowledge of fuel additives over at bobistheoilguy.com. It seems Barryman's and Chevron Techron concentrate produce acceptable results, the main ingrediant in these are Toulene, Xylene, and Techron. Techron is also added to Chevron's premium gas in smaller quantities.

On the other hand, if your fuel pump is making noticeable noise it is probably ready to fail. A clogged fuel filter or other line debris can cause the pump to work harder over time and prematurely wear the mechanism.

Hope that helps..

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
hopefully it wasn't making that noise the last time someone used it, which was a while ago and the fuel pump can be saved.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts