TCCoA Forums banner

best handling upgrades

733 views 3 replies 3 participants last post by  DSBirdman89 
#1 ·
Hello, My name is Dan Smith, Im 16 and own a 1989 thunderbird base model that was given to me by my grandmother. I have questions that have arisen since I started driving the car

1: What are all of the suspension upgrades that i could do to the car to make it grip and handle better?

2: How much would they cost?

3: How difficult are they to install?

4: If any are installed, How do they feel driving around as a daily driver?

#2 ·
1. Springs, shocks, sway bars, bushings, wheels, tires, etc.

2. It really depends on what you want to do with the car. It can cost as much as you are willing to spend. I have put $4k in a total setup that I will put up against lightly modded C5 vettes (as far as corner ability).

3. Most of the modifications aren't very hard to install, but you will need to gather some knowledge on how to do them.

4. My car feels great as a daily driver....I don't feel that it is harsh or rough, but this is something that is specific to each individual person.

There is good info out there about suspension upgrades. I would suggest searching through all of the posts in the suspension section to see what questions you can answer for yourself and then go from there.

Russell

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.