TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
2,134 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Haven't been posting much in a while. Very busy this semester with school, LAST semester! 19 credit hours ugh. Concentrating in Structures under civil engineering. Passed the state FE exam!! On my way to getting my PE license! :cool:

So, whats the best LCAs we can get our hands on?? The current ones are from Oriellys can't remember the brand but weren't cheap with lifetime warranty.. I just replaced them last December and they are already toast.. :mad: I want some that will last!

I have the Moog UCA and they seem to be holding up just fine. But I'm hearing some guys having problems with Moog suspension pieces now..

I saw on rockauto there are two sets of Moog LCAs one for $30 ea and one for $50 ea. :confused: Same part number too.

What about front swaybar endlinks? I replaced those this last summer and they are also toast. I think they are raybestos.

·
Registered
5,412 Posts
Haven't been posting much in a while. Very busy this semester with school, LAST semester! 19 credit hours ugh. Concentrating in Structures under civil engineering. Passed the state FE exam!! On my way to getting my PE license! :cool:

So, whats the best LCAs we can get our hands on?? The current ones are from Oriellys can't remember the brand but weren't cheap with lifetime warranty.. I just replaced them last December and they are already toast.. :mad: I want some that will last!

I have the Moog UCA and they seem to be holding up just fine. But I'm hearing some guys having problems with Moog suspension pieces now..

I saw on rockauto there are two sets of Moog LCAs one for $30 ea and one for $50 ea. :confused: Same part number too.

What about front swaybar endlinks? I replaced those this last summer and they are also toast. I think they are raybestos.
RAYBESTOS Professional Grade Part # 5071397 $38
RAYBESTOS Professional Grade Part # 5071398 $38
TRW Part # 18128 $6 each

Rockauto prices

Don't forget coupon code 2802052924431822 at check out.

·
Registered
3,762 Posts
These are what I bought last week. I have all but the uppers, and they all look very well built. Boots have the wire retainers and they all have grease fittings. The uppers will be in today, I can report back on those later.

·
Registered
2,134 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks guys. So Raybestos pro grade is the way to go on the lowers?

The boot is torn on the passenger side LCA. But the drivers side is the one making that popping noise on hard right turns - only in parking lots. They're only a year old and I don't drive the thing that hard, do you think it will be ok for another month? Or are they about to pop any day now?

·
Super Moderator
9,312 Posts
Are you sure it's not the tie rods? In my experiences LCAs make more of a creaking sound than a popping sound.

·
Registered
5,412 Posts
These are what I bought last week. I have all but the uppers, and they all look very well built. Boots have the wire retainers and they all have grease fittings. The uppers will be in today, I can report back on those later.
Just as a heads up acdelco professional grade is a repackaged raybestos professional grade part. So if you ever see somewhere like rockauto selling both just buy whichever one of those two are cheaper. Now don't confuse either of those professional grade parts with the service/economy grade, acdelco markets raybestos service/economy grade as "acdelco advantage" which is cheap crap.

Also those TRW endlinks are cheap and and the original source for motorcraft, I've had a set on my bird for years with no issue.

·
Registered
3,762 Posts
Rockauto doesn't carry the Raybestos uppers anymore. The AC Delco picture matched what I was looking for so I assumed something like that had happened. Although when they showed up one was a TRW in the AC Delco box. Still fighting that battle.

·
Registered
241 Posts
Check out XRF Chassis. I don't know if they make control arms, but I believe they do make balljoints that can be pressed in.

I haven't tried them myself, but have heard TONS of good stuff online about them, plus you can order directly from the manufacturer.

I'm going to try a set on my 06 Mustang GT this spring, since everyone online seems to rave about them (mostly in the heavy truck community - and those guys eat balljoints).

·
Registered
206 Posts
i guess no more ray bestos:mad: i checked the part nr. couple posts up and came up part not found

i guess a new alternative need to be found:mad:

·
Premium Member
299 Posts
Thought I read somewhere that Raybestos was halting production on the LCA. (I'm probably wrong about that, was looking for lots of parts last night)

Was able to find a driver side Raybestos and an ACDelco passenger LCA on Amazon last night. Rockauto had neither sides or brands.

Looks like they won't be back in stock for 1-2months. :boom:

·
Registered
1,088 Posts
Best? Ford or Motorcraft IMHO.

·
Super Moderator
17,052 Posts
Aren't the Raybestos themselves just repackaged Spicers? I wouldn't get too hung up on the name of the brand, they're just distributors.

Best? Ford or Motorcraft IMHO.
Both sealed factory uppers were shot on mine between 50 and 70k miles, that's way too premature IMO. The Motorcrafts I currently have are still going strong though, as are my OEM LCAs

·
Registered
404 Posts
Thanks for this thread. I ordered complete front end for my mark from rock auto last month. Upon reading this I found my LCA's were as they described "For The Budget Minded Consumer" Moog. Shipping them back and ordered the AC delco professional grade. Hard to find anything else. Thought I'd never see the day when I put GM parts on a Ford.

·
Registered
5,412 Posts
Thanks for this thread. I ordered complete front end for my mark from rock auto last month. Upon reading this I found my LCA's were as they described "For The Budget Minded Consumer" Moog. Shipping them back and ordered the AC delco professional grade. Hard to find anything else. Thought I'd never see the day when I put GM parts on a Ford.
they aren't "gm", they are spicer repackage and/or advertized by raybestos and acdelco. Just like the "ford" motorcraft pieces are actually made by trw.

·
Registered
241 Posts
they aren't "gm", they are spicer repackage and/or advertized by raybestos and acdelco. Just like the "ford" motorcraft pieces are actually made by trw.
Yep. Delco's got three grades apparently - advantage, pro and the OE line for GM.

I've actually had good luck with their advantage 'economy' line. Delco's usually good bang for the buck IMHO

·
Registered
404 Posts
ac/delco professional grade

Well I got my lower control arms the other day and look at these:

I've done some research on BAW and it appears they are not quite as good as I expected. Plus, no grease fittings included in the packaging. (yes there are holes for them) Have to say this is probably the first time I've been a little disappointed in Rock Auto. As are cars are aging, it's getting harder to find quality replacement parts.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts