TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Wall I waz headed into the first left hander by the Target Super Store when my Chief Mechanic & beer drinkin' buddy sez "Slick, you're blowing smoke out your tailpipe". I say no way Fast Jack, chili & popcorn don't affect me like that. He sez, NO, I mean your pristine 1990 Cougar is blowin smoke out the tailpipe. So I look in the mirror & sure enuff, I'm blowing smoke out the tailpipe. :rolleyes:

We pull 'er over and it is one sad sight - billowing white smoke and anti-freeze running out of the exhaust - major meltdown. Bummer

So a '90 Cougar LS that has served me longer than any other car, 14 years I think, has given up the ghost. The stories we could tell....:D

Anyway, I called a few wrecking yards and top price is $200 for the old rusty and formerly trust girl. Recently put on new tires, headlight lenses and floor mats, so those are staying with me. But other than that, sayonara, old car, you did me well.

Now, to buy another car. What should I look for? Hmmmm....

Later guys & gals. Just wanted to cry over my keyboard a little.

Oh yeah, if it weren't for the fact that the car has major rust-belt issues, needs brakes and suspension work and has 160K miles, I might consider attempting getting her back on the road. But nope, the car is dun worn out.

·
Registered
3,726 Posts
another one down, that sucks.

Most people would kill me for wanting to be done with my 1989, I mean there isn't enough rust, even on the pig iron stuff (like spindles, iron 7.5 differential, etc), I did the head gaskets when I was in your situation about 8 years ago and have only put another 60k on it, but it was worth it.

I don't feel like putting the dash back in after replacing the heater core. I put 6,000 miles on it with no bolts holding the dash in place, and only 3,000 with the steering column attached :) Still has many miles left in her if I ever feel like putting it back together.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts