TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
362 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well I have my 01 PI heads back minor valve job and cleanup. What PI cam is best if they have differnt ratings. The one that came with are from a crownvic. Any one better than another? I thought about comp cams but do I want to go that far? any cheap upgrades here. I hope to feel the extra 60Hp or so. Im running a stock NPI block and assembly and a PI intake so it would make a good differance. thanks
regg

·
Registered
974 Posts
I like my PI cams. But if i actually had the heads off the car i would definatley upgrade the springs and go with some comp cams. Honestly you can't go wrong with PI cams, but now is the time to SERIOUSLY consider a hotter aftermarket cam.

·
Registered
362 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
cams

you know thats what I thought its now or never to upgrade I know they are not cheap, but where to go and any pros or cons on either company? I thoguht there might be stock Pi differences in cams but it must be tunning and manifold design that determins output and such. thanks for the help. Anybody hear any good vendors??

·
Registered
1,522 Posts
If you don't have a 3500 stall converter minimum, forget about any aftermarket cams IMHO. The stock PI cams could use a 3500 stall on these cars.

·
Registered
172 Posts
give crane cams and/or comp cams a call and tell them the specs of engine/ stall conv./ gear ratio/ and RPM operating range and they should be able to get you the cams for your PI heads that'll work the best w/o buying somthing that works, but not works well. IMHO

1 - 8 of 8 Posts