TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 20 of 51 Posts

·
Registered
824 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
IMO...Yes. The game is "Enthusia Professional Racing." Although, some of the features are confusing, and the opening video a little decieving, I think the game play/actually racing is better. The way its set up, you're ranked out of 1000 drivers. You must work your self up, and on the way, unlocking some cars. You can do some wicked drifts in this game, plus they throw in some cars GT4 doesnt have... Volvo V70R, 02 Corvette Z51, New Thunderbird, 71 Trans Am 455 SD, Pantera, New Mach 1, BMW E30 M3, and alot of old obscure Japense cars. The only feature this game doesnt have, is being able to modify the cars, it does let you "upgrade" your car, but only in three areas. "Performance," "Tires," (and I forgot what else..)

Only thing weird about this game, is all the American cars are the foreign versions. The 02 Corvette has the two-colored tail lights, with some goofy looking reflectors.

·
Registered
1,746 Posts
GT4 doesn't have damage either?

Forza Motorsports is supposdley the GT4 killer

·
Registered
1,746 Posts
I've got a PS2 and an Xbox and I have to honestly say Forza Motorsports has a lot more ups than downs like GT4 does

·
Banned
5,377 Posts
i say if a game has car damage it should actually hurt performance like it would in real life. whats the point of having car damage when it still runs perfect?

-Mike

·
Full Metal
4,744 Posts
porkchop2oo2 said:
Thats what xbox owners say :rolleyes:
:zwthstpd: yeah, i'll stick to gt4 once i buy it.

·
Registered
653 Posts
Forza is overglorified. I tried it and it's physics are totally unrealistic to me, and the tracks seemed way too narrow. That, or the cars were too wide.

·
Registered
1,746 Posts
Yeah...

I loved how in GT4 you could throw a Honda Civic around the sharp corners at 90+ MPH and make it...totally DEAD ON!

Forza has the BEST and most accurate physics that I have ever seen, how do I know? I design a video game on the side.

You actually have weight in Forza which is why it feels funny to you.

- Pelezo

·
Registered
653 Posts
I've never once been able to take a sharp turn at more than 50 in any vehicle. And I can detect weight in games, which is why I love Sierra/Papyrus NASCAR games and hate EA ones, because EA's feel like they have nothing to them at all, and Sierra's feel heavy. Forza just handles weird compared to every driving/racing game I've ever played, and I've been playing for a long time.

·
Registered
1,746 Posts
Yeah,

I've been designing them for longer and playing them since NES...trust me I've gotten into battles with Half-Life 2 fans of physics and won...don't get me started.

GT4 I can take a Civic and throw it around a corner without a problem, unlike a real civic that I've driven before.

EA's games feel arcadey, which is the point.

- Pelezo

·
Banned
5,377 Posts
gt4 and gta4 is all i play really. unless i got 3 other friends that come over then we bust out the game cube and play super smash brothers melee ALL day :D

·
Registered
975 Posts
What does being a video game programmer have to do with recognizing realistic physics in a video game? I've programmed a lot of things, a gear/speed calculator for instance which I posted in these forums. That doesn't mean I can change the gears in a differential. The most authoritative person to ask would be an auto racer or a physicist.

·
Super Moderator
3,589 Posts
EPelezo said:
GT4 doesn't have damage either?

Forza Motorsports is supposdley the GT4 killer

I've played both and Forza is 10 times better than GT4. I loved GT3 but GT4 is just eye candy. The playability is terrible.

Forza on the other hand actually offers the ability to upgrade cars (regardless of what they are already), make changes that you can see and feel in the car and also has great damage modeling.

·
Super Moderator
3,589 Posts
porkchop2oo2 said:
i say if a game has car damage it should actually hurt performance like it would in real life. whats the point of having car damage when it still runs perfect?

-Mike
Forza actually has that. Tag a wall at 70MPH and your damn car is going to pull left or right for the rest of the race. Do other things and it will be practically undrivable.

·
Super Moderator
3,589 Posts
Rally said:
I've never once been able to take a sharp turn at more than 50 in any vehicle. And I can detect weight in games, which is why I love Sierra/Papyrus NASCAR games and hate EA ones, because EA's feel like they have nothing to them at all, and Sierra's feel heavy. Forza just handles weird compared to every driving/racing game I've ever played, and I've been playing for a long time.

What car was it? Understeer and oversteer play a huge role in the game and the drive design of the car you are using plays a huge role in how that car can turn.

·
Registered
161 Posts
I played both GT4 and Forza, and Forza is lightyears better than GT4. Better physics, actual damage modeling and the tuning setup I think is much easier than in GT4. As for the old NASCAR sims, Papyrus was, and always will be the final word in stock car simulation. EA can't even come close. It's too bad Papryrus won't be making anymore.

·
Johnny Five is Alive, TCCoAAC Member
1,614 Posts
If I wanted a Racing Sim, I would got by a multi-million dollar sim, GT4 is totally un-relistic becuase there is no damage..

·
Registered
970 Posts
I haven't played GT4 yet, (did play GT3 a lot) and I must say I love Forza. Damage modeling is cool (it's cool-factor wears off once you play a while. I wish they would have gotten a little more extensive with it like Rallysport Challenge 2 is. Forza just dinks up the paint, blows out windows, and lets bumpers droop (along with handling issues), RS2 comes right down to parts/wheels coming off.)

Physics haven't dissapointed me. One thing I've especially liked about it over GT3 is what happens when there's contact between cars. You can't just hit each other at will like you could in GT3. If you slide over infront of another car too soon and catch their bumper, you will spin. Your car isn't glued to the track like it is in GT3.

Forza gets a thumbs up from me.

1 - 20 of 51 Posts