TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,278 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am driving to pensacola FL in about 5 months. Anybody know a good way to go? What I mean is to cut the drive down a bit. I figured it is about 1990 miles. I plan on taking the 10 for most of the way.

·
Johnny Bling Bling
3,811 Posts
sounds like fun. wish i could do it. i have driven fo FL several times...uisually twice a year...but from MA. it's only about 1300 miles each way. takes about 21-24 depending on traffice...straight through.

·
Registered
253 Posts
I10 is the only way to go really. It will put you right into North Pensacola. The road is kinda crappy but it's the easiest way.

Dave

·
Registered
598 Posts
If you are looking for a shorter and slightly less booring trip dont go I-10. It is longer because it goes down near Mexico, and in 5 months it will be hotter than anything down through AZ, NM, TX. I've driven from Las Vegas to New Orleans about 6 times now. I can't think of the exact trip, but I know I go on I-40 and then drop down somewhere near Dallas and then down to I-10 later. It will save you some time and sanity going through West Texas! (Sorry anyone from West Texas, but if you have seen one rock you have seen them all!) When you come through New Orleans let me know!

·
Administrator
4,161 Posts
Come across on I40, but don't drop down til Memphis. Anything sooner and you'll go out of your way for nothing.

·
Registered
598 Posts
Sir William said:
Come across on I40, but don't drop down til Memphis. Anything sooner and you'll go out of your way for nothing.
Good point, I was still thinking only to New Orleans!

·
Registered
85 Posts
If you are coming from San Diego take I-10 the whole way. It's the shortest route, trust me I drive a truck for a living. But just to be sure I checked PC miler (2001 miles). And yes it is very boring driving across west Texas. :cool:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts