TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
1,702 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was changing the transmission fluid on the 90 today. I cant believe how bad this exhaust system is set-up from the factory. There are probably 4 90* bends. :confused:

Im going to ditch the resonator on the 90 and go with a dual in / single out muffler. Might try to set up a side exit right before the drivers side rear wheel to get rid of some weight and a few turns.

What kind of muffler sounds the best on this engine?

I would like a nice mellow tone from idle on up but nothing intrusive at cruising rpms. I dont care about cabin noise as long as it doesnt drone. I cant deal with that.

·
Moderator, Iowa Chapter Director, Uber Luber, TCCo
8,978 Posts
flowmaster's sound good placed at the resonator. Racecougar seems to like his magnaflow resonator setup pretty well too. A glasspack would actually sound good too, especially once you get that cam in there.

·
Motorboatin' SOB, Headlight Cleaning Guru
6,910 Posts
Thomas said:
A glasspack would actually sound good too, especially once you get that cam in there.
that's fo' damn sho' :) but mine drones on the highway.

·
Registered
241 Posts
would it drone withoot the cam?

if not, cherrybombs here I come

·
6,910 Posts
brokenmachines_e2 said:
would it drone withoot the cam?

if not, cherrybombs here I come
yes, it will. the cam just makes the exhaust sound oh so lovely :)

·
8,978 Posts
big mike said:
yes, it will. the cam just makes the exhaust sound oh so lovely :)
exactly. Ive heard a magnaflow resonator doesnt drown too terribly. Julian here in town with the autorotor supercoupe has a magnaflow dual in/single out with two turbo mufflers in back. Not droney at all, and sounds great. Not too loud, but who wants loud exhaust when you have the loud whine of a supercharger. I'm sure you know the feeling, M8 :D
-Thomas

·
Registered
1,702 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Any of you guys have a sound clip of your exhaust?

Im liking the idea of a glasspack....it doesnt sound ricey?

·
Registered
1,702 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Sound awesome guys. I thought it would sound a lot more ricey. Im surprized actually. Good job!

Im leaning towards a 2" glasspack now....although I wonder if Ill lose too much tq going with that, no cats and a side exit exhaust setup...hmmm...I like what little low end these 3.8s have.

You bending down or something while taking that video, Mike? ;) You dont happen to have any clips of higher RPMs?

·
Registered
1,702 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
big mike said:
i did, until you made that comment ;)
:tongue: Just giving you ****. No harm meant.

Sounds awesome. Different, but not bad. I guess you can only get so much out of a V6 when it comes to that v8 sound. :)

You guys have been a huge help, thanks.

·
6,910 Posts
its coo, man :) do you still want those headers? i havent heard back from chorizo yet.

·
Registered
2,472 Posts

·
8,978 Posts
bowez said:
Hey those are my headers if memory serves.
yeah with my personal touch :)

My exhaust clip went upto 3200 I believe. I didnt want to rev it too high when sitting still.

-Thomas

·
Registered
1,921 Posts
you have heard my car, :D getting too loud for me (I must be getting old)

1 - 17 of 17 Posts