TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Super Moderator
12,230 Posts
Nice find! That's a really clean car. Good luck getting it.

·
Registered
1,197 Posts
That's a great find! When I found mine in 06 with 68K on it, I paid $3000 off the lot. The car was in dire need of a detail job, the paint was oxidized beyond repair and the tires were dry rotted. Jump on that bird!!!

·
Registered
483 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I told my mom about it and she said it was a good find too...but then of course jumped on the "red makes insurance higher" bandwagon. :( There is a blue 95-97 for sale here on a lot with the front driver panel all crunched, I might look at that one as well.

·
Registered
7,758 Posts
I have never been asked what color my car is when buying insurance and the color isn't in the VIN, so the insurance company has no idea what color your car is. :thumbsup:

Get the red one!!! Assuming there isn’t something mechanical with the engine or tranny, that is a good car for a good price.

·
Registered
1,747 Posts
It was true for some insurance companies a while back, my insurance guy did ask for the color of my car, but its also on the card

·
Registered
483 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Well insurance on a "red sports car" won't be all that good, my mom said. She use to have a red/maroon cougar and said it raised it for her waaay back in the 80s. But regardless on the color, insurance won't be pretty for a 18 year old NEW driver. :p (well, in their eyes I'm new haha)

I'm going to try my best to get this one. I'm STILL working to put brake pads on my T-Bird, my step-dad has no motivation to do it until September because that's when I turn 18 anyways. I can understand it, but it's burning me up inside to know a good deal is going to waste! :p That and if I'll even be keeping the car or not. If I'm not, I'll let some of you guys know it's a great car. :)

·
Registered
1,747 Posts
Well insurance on a "red sports car" won't be all that good, my mom said. She use to have a red/maroon cougar and said it raised it for her waaay back in the 80s. But regardless on the color, insurance won't be pretty for a 18 year old NEW driver. :p (well, in their eyes I'm new haha)

I'm going to try my best to get this one. I'm STILL working to put brake pads on my T-Bird, my step-dad has no motivation to do it until September because that's when I turn 18 anyways. I can understand it, but it's burning me up inside to know a good deal is going to waste! :p That and if I'll even be keeping the car or not. If I'm not, I'll let some of you guys know it's a great car. :)
Insurance wasnt that bad when I was 18 on my 93 5.0 It was only about $100 a month for full coverage with towing and roadside stuff. The red car is more expensive on insurance was true back in the day, but not now, if you were reading....

·
Registered
483 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I read it, that's just what my mom said. She agrees it's probably not like that anymore but she's one of those people who like to see things first-hand if you know what I mean. :rolleyes: I'll try to get it lowered from $4.5k because that is a little steep IMO. The only other thing holding me back (other than not knowing if I'm keeping my car or not) is how far away it is. Where he is at is 2 hours away, which isn't bad, but my parents don't think a car would justify a drive like that.

·
Registered
917 Posts
they sure did cut up that 97 console for nothing... lol jk

·
CEO, WT Club
2,648 Posts
Jeff how much are they asking on that? Have a link to an ad?

-Joel

·
Super Moderator
17,139 Posts

its not a sports car, not even close. and if your insurance company cares about colors i'd change companies

1 - 20 of 23 Posts