TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Stroked and Blown
2,395 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello

What is the best size aftermarket throttle body to go with on a 96 3.8 n/a?
It seems some here have gone from the stock 50mm to the 56mm. Is this the best one? If so, where's the best place to get them at for the cheapest price besides a junk yard.

The machine shop that has my intakes/heads said there really isnt much they can do with the upper intake except make the opening larger, and that would get most potential with a larger throttle body.

Thanks

·
5,650 Posts
Yeah I'd say go with the 56mm unit. They'll port match the upper intake and be done with it. But there's more they can do to the upper intake than just that. It can be cut open and ported inside and then rewelded and the runner length can be modified.

I don't know about the cheapest place but I think you can get the BBK unit from Summit. But just be on the lookout for a difference in the throttle linkage.

·
Registered
647 Posts
I dont know if Thomas still does it, but he used to fab up a 5.0L throttle body to fit our 3.8L engines, which was a much better gain overall compared to spending the $$$ on the BBK one. All you should have to do is port the inlet, and be done with it.

I dont know if he still does it though, but I believe it is cheaper.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts